Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RH Bat or LH Bat

Re: RH Bat or LH Bat

Jim Thome is a good fit if he can still play first.

Short porch in right and the right center gap would lead to a monster season for him.

Votto could play left if needed and if he can.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Dorn? His numbers don't look that good.
    They're the same as Votto's numbers, although he's a year older at the same level.

i would trade for delmon young and adrian beltre

Dikerson
    Phillips
    Votto
    Beltre
    Bruce
    Young
    Gonzalez
    Hanigan

Dorn? His numbers don't look that good.

What about Yonder? There's our RH power bat. Maybe not next year though.
    Oh. Could have sworn he was right handed. Anyway I still have more hope for him than Dorn. I'm just not impressed by Dorn's numbers.

Oh. Could have sworn he was right handed. Anyway I still have more hope for him than Dorn. I'm just not impressed by Dorn's numbers.
    Keep in mind, Dorn missed 5 weeks at Chattanooga from a serious gash in his leg going after a line drive. (Doug has already gone on record as to Dorn being a definate upgrade defensively to Dunn). Then, extrapolate him to a full season, and you got a 35HR, .270-.280 hitter. That doesn't make you think he could be a piece to the puzzle? But, then you thought Yonder was a RH bat, so you probably didn't realize Dorn missed more than a month of his season.

I like Ibanez as a possible two year solution. His OBP has been in the 350's for the past few years and was at .371 against lefties last year like 757690 pointed out. He is a very good option for us right now.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

one concern i have about ibanez is that he's played his entire career in the AL and at 36 may not want to start over in the NL. i still think he's worth a shot but that underscores why we need to talk to any available decent bats so we're not left out in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    i would trade for delmon young and adrian beltre

Dikerson
    Phillips
    Votto
    Beltre
    Bruce
    Young
    Gonzalez
    Hanigan
    Beltre? No way dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Beltre? No way dude...
    no way? can you explain why you are so against him or do we have to guess?

Angels declined outfielder Garret Anderson's $14 million option for 2009. (he's a leftie)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Jim Thome is a good fit if he can still play first.

Short porch in right and the right center gap would lead to a monster season for him.

Votto could play left if needed and if he can.
    Thome had a team option for '09 that became guaranteed when he reached 1100 PAs over last year and this year I think. It doesn't matter what it was, his option is now guaranteed and the reds would have to trade to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    one concern i have about ibanez is that he's played his entire career in the AL and at 36 may not want to start over in the NL. i still think he's worth a shot but that underscores why we need to talk to any available decent bats so we're not left out in the cold.
    I don't think the league he plays in will have any effect. Ibanez is not a pitcher and I think he would be happy to hit in a place like Great American as opposed to Safeco. If Ibanez comes cheaply then the reds would also have the option to upgrade on the infield an potentially sign a guy like Furcal. I am pretty sure Ibanez could slide over to right with bruce moving to center and EE moving to left. Keppinger would take over at 3rd and the reds infield defense is greatly improved and they add two players that are decent hitters. But this all depends on how much money Ibanez wants and how much money furcal wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    I don't think the league he plays in will have any effect. Ibanez is not a pitcher and I think he would be happy to hit in a place like Great American as opposed to Safeco. If Ibanez comes cheaply then the reds would also have the option to upgrade on the infield an potentially sign a guy like Furcal. I am pretty sure Ibanez could slide over to right with bruce moving to center and EE moving to left. Keppinger would take over at 3rd and the reds infield defense is greatly improved and they add two players that are decent hitters. But this all depends on how much money Ibanez wants and how much money furcal wants.
    Why not just play Ibanez in left, Bruce in Right, and let Dickerson go for it in center?

Turn Off Ads?