Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual Redszone Postees Awards

There are a few categories that I can make certain "lock" picks.

Best use of statistics: Westofyou, simply amazing. I don't know where you get them, but you get them and they are all very valid to every post they are inserted into.

Best trader: Krusty. Some of them are a little out there, but most I agree with. Just the pure volume of them is amazing, and none that I can remember as being way far out there.

Best discussion: The Jason LaRue discussion. I started a thread about a rumor my friend had told me about the Reds interest in Mario Ramos of the Rangers for Jason LaRue. It turned into one of the most fascinating posts I have ever read, full of M2, cincinnati chili, ScrapIrony, princeton, and gm's wonderful writing and of course, westofyou's statistics. Simply an awesome read.

Most missed poster: Team Clark and RedStorm

Most valuable poster: I agree that guernsey is the engine to this forum, but so, so many of you contribute great information, perspectives, and opinions. That is what I truly love about this site, and is a big reason why I can't stop myself from logging in every day.

Funniest / Most Clever: ChipR, I always find his responses humorous for some reason. Although, he is facing some stiff competition.

The "I don't know what to give you but you deserve an award":
    remdog. I always like reading your posts as well, and felt I needed to special mention you somehow.

All in all, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for enlightening me on so many things that I wouldn't have had the priveledge of knowing without you. As I said earlier, so many of you contribute to making this such a wonderful site to visit. Moderators: You deserve the lifetime achievement award for making this place such a great place to visit, and keeping it up despite all of the other responsibilities in your lives. I hope to add more in my second season here on Redszone, and also am looking forward to everything I've witnessed in the last year thoughout my now 889+ post. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. May God bless each and everyone of you.

I forgot to give myself the award for most edited posts. I seem to edit every post I make for spelling or to add things that I forgot to mention the first time ( like this)
    Last edited by Red Leader; 12-23-2002 at 04:13 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Red Storm

I'm not sure if Red Storm is eligable for the "most missed" award since he's posted a couple times in the last week.

PSR

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Most missed poster
    De La Hoz. While I don’t blame the moderators for running him (he had it coming), some of his stuff was brilliant. I once read a review of Norm McDonald, calling him “breathtakingly mean.” I think that suited DeLaHoz as well.

Best Moniker
    Biitner pill. And by the way, it’s B-I-I-T-T-N-E-R. But it’s kind of classy that you misspell it. Sort of like Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, etc.

Most Valuable Poster
    RFS62. Knows a lot about a lot; friendly; articulate; puts things in perspective when they need to be put there.

Most Clever
    Tie. M2 and Dr. Scott. Great writers, great analogies. There are a few people whose threads I always open, regardless of the topic, and these 2 are examples.

Best Armchair GM
    There are numerous ones here. But I’m going to say JaxRed. Half of being good at a job is enjoying your job. Obviously, he enjoys keeping up with the contracts of the 40-man enough to maintain that great site IN HIS SPARE TIME. There are certainly some baseball executives who don’t take an interest in the minutiae of the job, even though they’re paid to do it, and I think that hurts them.

Best Trademeister
    Krusty. Even though I put most of them down as never-going-to-happen, I appreciate the thought he puts into them. And besides, if Millwood can be traded for Estrada, ANYTHING is possible. I tried to think of one trade over Thanksgiving break (just one), and it tied my head in knots. He gives us something to ponder constantly.

Best Discussion
    Baseball related: the Broussard trade aftermath; non-baseball related: the first amendment stuff (pledge of allegiance, the religion gone amok, etc)

Worst Typist
    ramp101. Great contributor (for a Marlins fan), but sometimes I have to decipher the Morse code to understand wtf he/she’s talking about

Funniest
    Johnny Footstool. For more see www.spitter.com

Best Use of Statistics
    West of You. He doesn’t just spout stuff out, like that annoying lady in your book club, but relates the stats to discussion. And he’s quick. Runners up: Raisor and Cooper (aka JCooper)

Most Long-winded
    Fortheloveofthegame and GAC. Both are great contributors, and some of their rants are loooonnng. As a side note, wouldn’t it be funny if GAC and Dom Heffner were the same person?

Most Positive
    I think savafan was a good call (above). Sometimes, I’ve mistaken his genuine optimism for sarcasm.

Most Negative
    Falls City Beer. But negative in an ‘Everybody loves Raymond’ sort of way

Nicest
    Too many to mention (in no particular order). Team Casey, Team Boone, Boss, Let’s go junior, backbencher, kduran, spitball, randy in fva, creek, burn, guernsey, gik, and larkin fan. I really haven’t had a problem with anybody on this board. Never have had to “take it to pms” with anyone.

Best moderator
    They’ve all been friendly and helpful, but Chip’s sense of humor hits a positive nerve with me.

Favorite threads
    Dr. Scott’s recurring scorecards, Catch 22’s trip to Cincy, and ’12 wins from sainthood’

Least favorite threads
    Anything having to do with gardening tips, how gold star is better than skyline, or how John Allen is to blame for the Reds’ problems
    Last edited by cincinnati chili; 12-23-2002 at 05:43 PM.
    Stick to your guns.

Most missed poster

Fox (and his various alter-egos). He was just so much fun to make fun of :evilgrin:

Best tag line
    Chili's

Most Valuable Poster

I've got my poster of Farrah Fawcett packed away someplace...uh..I mean Cin Chili. Even if he IS too busy to join my sim-league. :P

Best Armchair GM

I WISH it was JimBo

Best Trademeister
    Krusty. Though if I read the word "Slobberknocker" again, I may go postal (and as a federal employee, that's always a possibility)

Best Discussion
    Anything involving Creek and Aaron's boom boom.

Best Use of Statistics
    Going against the trend here (though it's neck and neck) gotta say Chilli..

Most Long-winded
    Fortheloveofthegame
    I have a feeling the FTLOTG gets paid by the word :biggrin:

Most Positive
    Creek by a landslide

Best moderator
    The one that's active right now

Favorite threads
    Anything about Boone's rear is tops with me. Wait, I'm a straight male. Nevermind. :biggrin:

Anything that makes ME look good like...uh...damn, nothing comes to mind.

FCB selling his kid into slavery works for me

Thanks to everyone who nominated me, sincerely, it is an honor to be recognized by my peers. Here are my nominees:

Most missed poster
    TCII with an honorable mention to LarkinFan (glad he's back and feeling better...been in your hometown a few times recently...)

Best tag line
    Sundeck- "Insert pithy quote here."

Most Valuable Poster
    This one is tough, but I have to give a shout out to guernsey on this one

Most Clever
    GAC and Chip (Tie)

Best Armchair GM
    Krusty...if only it were true...

Best Trademeister
    again, Krusty

Best Discussion
    Gotta love the Pledge of Allegiance discussion

Funniest
    TeamCasey and TeamBoone...if you've never drank with them, you have no idea...

Best Use of Statistics
    Peter Gammons

Most Long-winded
    ForLoveOfTheGame...but I love to read what he has to say

Most Positive
    KittyDuran

Most Negative
    TeamSelig

Nicest
    gotta go with Kitty once again

Best Moderator
    Love them all

Most Likely To Be Charged With Stalking
    All of our lovely ladies here at Redszone tie for this one
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Best Armchair GM - JaxRed with an assistant GM in M2 and Director of Player Personnel in WestOfYou

Most Valuable Poster - Not going there - there are just too many folks who here who keep me company regularly to name one. Since Boss was one of the originators & early boosters I'd be tempted to go with him for that reason.

Most Missed Poster - The old Don Heffner. I used to get into some incredibly wacky and abstract discussions often involving boolean algebra, baseball, the occult and astronomy in the same sentence. I don't know how you guys do that IP thing but I suspect he was also Mike delaHoz. Too bad he made the Grinch look giddy.

Most Clever - Creek, ChipR, Johnny Footstool come to mind. Creek's wacky comments send me over the edge though - the edge of my chair that is, I'm laughing too hard sometimes to sit up straight. Give the Golden Guffaw Statue to Creek.

Best Moderator - The best moderators are rarely read in public - they do their work by PM and keep it under their hat but once in a while they have to make a public statement when something really offensive goes on. All of them have been reasonable but my nod goes to CougarQuest. When it comes to RedsZone, open the book of Genesis and CougarQuest was there when it was just a void needing filled.

Best Writer - Writer Dan, TeamClark, M2, RedStorm. Stormy also gets most long winded, though - no one accuses him of being the Hemingway of bulletin boards.

Least liked topic - Any post that refer to players as "garbage" or other unnecessary personal attacks.

Most Overworked Topics - Boone the manager and Griffey. Is there any stone unturned when it comes to these two? Casey's worth to team chemistry is a nauseatingly repetitious third.

Best Trademeister - Oh, I think the "Slobberknocker DealMaker" Krusty runs away with this one. If he were GM we'd have complete systemwide turnover twice a year.

Best Serial Post - BCubb and his terse observations. I love it when a new batch comes along.

Freindliest - OregonRed, TeamCasey, geoj, Johnny F, SwampTurkey, Bob Borkowski, ramp101 (although I suspect ramp would be like the kid who follows right on your heel talking and chattering and talking and chattering....remember LikeMike jumping up and down when they were interviewing his teammate?)

Worst Typist - geoj followed by ramp.

Best Poster From Another Team - Swamp Turkey. Swampie always has respect for our team but lets his Cardinal fever show through and through.

Best Wishes - To each and everyone of you my thanks for the company and enjoyment I have gotten from you and my hope that each of you realizes at least one of your personal dreams this coming year. To each of you I sincerely wish a happy holiday season and a coming year of peace, prosperity and compassion.

from our family to yours:
    Chuck and Dixie, the Old Red Guard and his Rock of Ages
    Last edited by Old Red Guard; 12-24-2002 at 12:26 PM.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

For the time being...

Just let me contribute to this thread by suggesting that to me the 'Most Missed Poster' is LINEDRIVER.

How can anyone consider themselves a true Reds fan if they don't have at least some knowledge of the past, the foundation from which the current Reds have sprung?

LINEDRIVER's threads always helped us maintain our perspctives as Reds fans and, speaking as one of the genuine old-timers at the Zone, I wish he would come back from his hiatus.

We miss you, LD.

Bob, I'll second your thoughts on linedriver. If you're reading ... come back.

I'd like to see Krusty nominate someone for next best trademeister. We could call it Ole Krusty the Trademeister's Slobberknocker Knock Down award or something.

For best off-topic ... remember the thread that turned into a discussion of fast food favorites? I don't recall how it started and I can't find it anymore, but that one was kind of fun.

I'd also like to nominate ramp101 for the Burning Keyboard Grand Entrance award for the most prolific new poster.

TC here.

Wow!!!!!

I can't believe I missed Linedriver in my post. I used to seek out his threads. Been reading so sporadically lately, he slipped off my RADAR.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

JaxRed with an assistant GM in M2
    Now that's a recipe for a fistfight if I ever saw one.

Originally posted by M2
    Now that's a recipe for a fistfight if I ever saw one.
    I bet you could take him.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

You know it is very disappointing, yes disappointing that I did not receive even a nomination or a token of honorable mention as most annoying poster? I ask, just where is your Christmas spirit?

Ask yourselves, just how would you feel on Christmas Eve if you found that you did not get the jerk award, or A award, do you know how hard I work at my fragmented sentences, bad grammar, and poor spelling, confusing and unsubstaniated remarks?

My irrational thoughts, My Bowden bashing ………sigh? I am so crushed ……….

now just where did Boss put that complaint box………
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 12-24-2002 at 08:36 PM.

I know where I'd like to put that complaint box!

Talk about trying to fit a square peg into a round holes

TC II
    I had no idea I would be missed. Redszone really is a small family. One I have always been proud to be a part of. Even when we have births, divorces and family disputes. We are all part of the same family. Baseball Fans.

The bar business is great and I truly wish all of you would come out so we could talk baseball. As a matter of fact several current and former Reds have been to the bar in the past few weeks. The list includes one healthy Sean Casey who was in town for a check up on his surgically repaired shoulder.

I miss posting and wish I had more time to do so. Linedriver works with me so I'm sure he does too.

Hope to post something of value soon.

TC II

I didn't realize you were actually opening so quickly. We definitely need to wander down and check it out!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?