Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crosstown Shootout official thread

Re: Crosstown Shootout official thread

Should be a good one tomorrow. UC is a slight favorite (1.5 points last I saw), but Xavier got three key (well, I expect at least two of them to be key) players back for tomorrow (including Kunkel, the N Ky native transfer from Belmont). No idea what to expect from either team, but that should add to the fun.

2. Turn Off Ads?

XU has played five game to the Bearcats one. So, continuity might be on their side.

Entertaining game for two teams that I don't think are particularly great. I like the Xavier young guys, but I think they'll struggle in the Big East this year. But always nice to get this win.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Entertaining game for two teams that I don't think are particularly great. I like the Xavier young guys, but I think they'll struggle in the Big East this year. But always nice to get this win.
    Good way to characterize it. I think both teams will improve as the season goes on.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

It's only been two games, but this looks like another Bearcats' squad that can't shoot for anything. 60.7% from the line. 20.9% from three. 43.7% from the field. If you cannot knock down open threes in today's game, you're gonna bump your head on your ceiling awfully quickly.

Keith Williams has all the athletic ability in the world. He simply can't put the ball into the hoop.

I was perusing the box score, when I noticed that Xavier tied an all-time collegiate basketball record. ZERO offensive rebounds.

The Bearcats squeak out a win over the Paladins of Furman. Not all that impressed by Coach John Brannen. This team better improve by leaps and bounds.

They did cover the 3.5 point spread.

Xavier decided to murder Oklahoma. That was unexpected.

Tennessee downs the Bearcats 65-56. The Vols should be sporting a new fieldhouse after that brickfest.

The Bearcats seem to play a lot of these down-to-the-wire games. This one did not turn out so well, as UC loses, at home, to the South Florida Bulls 74-71.

That's....not a good loss. Never good to lose to a Brian Gregory coached squad.

This has been fun. Wes Miller (who I actually like) should get it now. His comments during the week were kind of goofy and indicated to me that he didn't understand what he was about to go into.

Turn Off Ads?