2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Crosstown Shootout official thread

Go Bearcats!

Go Bearcats!

Go Bucks!

I see UC has red unis on. Does that mean they have to forfeit a time out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

UC LOSES. Always a good thing!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Pretty much as expected.....I never thought the good little Jesuit boys would have 4 Technical Fouls, though...

Still trying to get used to X being the "big dog" in this town....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Pretty much as expected.....I never thought the good little Jesuit boys would have 4 Technical Fouls, though...
    The rivalry might have died down a bit with the fans, but man, those players seem to hate each other. Makes for fun TV once a year.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The rivalry is alive and well...even though the villan is gone.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

Still trying to get used to X being the "big dog" in this town....
    hmmm.

I really struggle with this recent crowning of Xavier by not just you. Some points that make me quetion the validity of the statement:

1. Before this year the home team had won the last 5 shootouts.

2. While many things in life are often cyclical, it is very rare that rivalry games are indicative of one team's talent or stance nationally. It proves that on that particular night, they played as a better team. Remember that in Huggs' years the UC teams were almost always ranked high, and Xavier managed to win a few they shouldn't have. They (XU) weren't big dog then.

3. What UC is recovering from vs. the steady building of the Xavier program CURRENTLY has these two programs in different states. It is far from fair to judge based on the Cronin rebulding years and say that roles have reversed.

That being said, Xavier was and is a better team, and deserved to win the game. It was nice to see everyone freaking out about UC basketball again, although last night was unfortunately not the best billboard of what Mick is achieving. He is building a team with a lot of talent, but unfortunately they are currently weak at PG, and very inexperienced.

Next year and the year after, the shootout will become an even better (closer) game, and one far more indicative of true bragging rights and stature.

Well, this says it's the OFFICIAL Crosstown Shootout thread, so we better use this one. This is one of the better Crosstown Shootouts ever in terms of quality of both teams coming in. At least on paper. Be prepared for lots of fight talk with this being the first Shootout in the Cintas Center since, you know. Should be a good one. I'd expect Xavier to be favored by 5 or 6 when the line comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, this says it's the OFFICIAL Crosstown Shootout thread, so we better use this one. This is one of the better Crosstown Shootouts ever in terms of quality of both teams coming in. At least on paper. Be prepared for lots of fight talk with this being the first Shootout in the Cintas Center since, you know. Should be a good one. I'd expect Xavier to be favored by 5 or 6 when the line comes out.
    UC in a nailbiter. That's what my heart says anyway.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Good start.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Got a little too close for comfort there in the second half, but always fun to win this game by double digits.

Xavier is a top 10 team. It's going to take a monster effort to beat them on that floor.

UC doesn't look terrible when they run offense.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?