Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crosstown Shootout official thread

Re: Crosstown Shootout official thread

Three weeks ago you could have had Xavier at 200-1 to win it all. Wish I had put a 10 spot on that. Haven't looked lately, but I assume ne would be lucky to get 20-1 right now.

2. Likes:

reds1869 (12-12-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bumping for tonight. This rivalry seems to have lost a bit of its former luster, but tonight is actually one of the better matchups in the history of the series in terms of the strength of both teams. It would be better if Xavier hadn't sucked a bit of late, but you cannot have everything. Should be a good one, but until Xavier actually beats someone with a pulse on the road, I cannot have a whole lot of confidence in the Muskies' ability to win games like this one. Granted, it's kind of amazing that this UC team is only the fourth best team Xavier will have played on the road after tonight, but I'm afraid it will be 0-4 in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, this says it's the OFFICIAL Crosstown Shootout thread, so we better use this one. This is one of the better Crosstown Shootouts ever in terms of quality of both teams coming in. At least on paper. Be prepared for lots of fight talk with this being the first Shootout in the Cintas Center since, you know. Should be a good one. I'd expect Xavier to be favored by 5 or 6 when the line comes out.
    Just read what I posted a year and a bit over a year ago. I should probably avoid plagarizing myself.

Guess we don't have too many Xavier or UC fans around here. I thought it was an excellent game. The ESPN announcers said that it was the most fun game they've done all season. Historic game for X's Bluiett. Glad to see UC get the win. It's too bad that UC doesn't play more good teams

Bearcats are up to #14 in the latest (AP) poll.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-31-2017),Sea Ray (01-30-2017)

The Bearcats eke out a win on the road, 57-55 over Tulsa. Cincinnati trailed 52-41 with 6 minutes to play, before rallying for the win. Troy Caupain scored 5 points in the final minute to give the Bearcats the win. Cincy's win streak is now 13, and they are 20-2 on the season. Sippin' Mick might be Guzzlin' Mick after tonight's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Bearcats eke out a win on the road, 57-55 over Tulsa. Cincinnati trailed 52-41 with 6 minutes to play, before rallying for the win. Troy Caupain scored 5 points in the final minute to give the Bearcats the win. Cincy's win streak is now 13, and they are 20-2 on the season. Sippin' Mick might be Guzzlin' Mick after tonight's performance.
    I thought they played horribly for 35 mins. I also think Tulsa couldn't handle prosperity and choked down the stretch but it was a very nice come from behind win for the Bearcats. They showed poise and a gut check that they passed. With this schedule I was wondering if they'd even have a chance to show such intestinal fortitude.

Good day for the Bearcats. They beat UConn. Xavier beats #22 Creighton. Iowa State beats #3 Kansas.

12. Likes:

Chip R (02-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Guess we don't have too many Xavier or UC fans around here. I thought it was an excellent game. The ESPN announcers said that it was the most fun game they've done all season. Historic game for X's Bluiett. Glad to see UC get the win. It's too bad that UC doesn't play more good teams
    As a Xavier fan I don't even think to look here. I always go to Xavier Hoops. Several other Reds Zoners are also regulars there.

Cincinnati is knocking on the Top 10 in both the AP and Coaches polls. They are ranked 11th in both.

Xavier snuck back inside the Top 25 in both polls after briefly dropping out. 25/24.

SMU is now in the Top 25 in the AP, resting in 25th position.
    Last edited by texasdave; 02-06-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cincinnati is knocking on the Top 10 in both the AP and Coaches polls. They are ranked 11th in both.
    I'll be at the game on Wednesday. It's a late one. Of course the big one is this weekend

All of the ducks are in a row, and it is on to the matchup-of-the-season for the Bearcats. SMU on the road. I like the Bearcats' chances in this one. 62-59. A result either way wouldn't surprise me however.

Biggest game of the year coming up for UC on Sunday at SMU. And they can't rest easy after that either. I see their most challenging part of the schedule yet to come. Games at UConn and UCF will demand that UC play well in order to win. All in all they still have games vs the 2------>7 teams in their mediocre conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop a couple before conference tournament time. Let's hope they can pull off a big win in Texas this weekend to give them some breathing room.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-11-2017),texasdave (02-10-2017)

They have to win today if they want a decent seed in the NCAA Tournament. They're outside the top 16 for now, and today is the last chance of the regular season to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    They have to win today if they want a decent seed in the NCAA Tournament. They're outside the top 16 for now, and today is the last chance of the regular season to move up.
    Going into the game today they were inside the top 16 according to Joe Lunardi and RPI. Even with the loss I think they have a great shot at a 4 or better seed

Turn Off Ads?