Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crosstown Shootout official thread

Re: Crosstown Shootout official thread

The Selection Committee put out their "official" top 4 seeds for each region yesterday. UC wasn't in it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bearcats beat UConn for the third time this season to move to 29-4 on the season. Tomorrow they play SMU for the AAC Championship. Each team has won on its own home floor. Neutral court for this one. I imagine there are seeding implications. UC got zero points from 2 starters this afternoon (Washington and Johnson), but still managed to win. Gary Clark played strong. Jacob Evans, in my amateur opinion will play in the NBA. He scored 21 points on just 7 shots, I believe. Jarron Cumberland is going to be a good one.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-12-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Interesting that SMU beat UC handily yet ended up with an identical seed. Makes it seem like the AAC Championship game actually meant nothing in terms of the NCAA Tournament.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I actually like the Bearcat's NCAA draw, but I'd root for K State over Wake Forest in their play-in game for the right to face the Bearcats; while neither K State or Wake are strong defensively -- in fact, they're both weak defensively -- Wake is better offensively and features a big man (John Collins) sure to be an NBA first rounder.

If they're fortunate to survive their first NCAA game, I also like their chances against UCLA -- a team that is really weak defensively and hasn't faced a defense like Cincy's in quite awhile. As an aside, ESPN Insider's bracket predictor tool has the Bearcats defeating UCLA in simulations far more often than losing to them -- take that, FWIW.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Interesting that SMU beat UC handily yet ended up with an identical seed. Makes it seem like the AAC Championship game actually meant nothing in terms of the NCAA Tournament.
    UC had a slightly better resume outside of losing the rubber match with SMU.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    UC had a slightly better resume outside of losing the rubber match with SMU.
    I figured they had a slightly worse resume going into that rubber match given the loss to UCF

Kudos to the Bearcats on their 30-win season. UC could be even better next season. They lose their starting backcourt, but Broome and Cumberland might be an upgrade on Caupain and Johnson. Clark, Washington and Evans all (probably) return. All five potential starters can score. That will be nice. Hats off to graduating seniors Troy Caupain, Kevin Johnson and Zack Tobler.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Kudos to the Bearcats on their 30-win season. UC could be even better next season. They lose their starting backcourt, but Broome and Cumberland might be an upgrade on Caupain and Johnson. Clark, Washington and Evans all (probably) return. All five potential starters can score. That will be nice. Hats off to graduating seniors Troy Caupain, Kevin Johnson and Zack Tobler.
    Yes, a very good year indeed. I hope they get better next year and I hope the same for the AAC. I think they drew the best #3 seed in the tournament

Today is a great day to hate your neighbors.

Here's to hoping that UC turns over a new leaf in this rivalry in their new building

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Here's to hoping that UC turns over a new leaf in this rivalry in their new building
    By losing by 30+? Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    How about by holding Xavier to 47?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Well, Xavier cant win EVERY year (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You picked the wrong yr to talk smack. UC looked great.

The best thing I can say about Xavier is that they gave us the Bengals patented Dead Cat Bounce after they were already blown out.

UC dressed for the Christmas season. Xavier dressed for Al Davis

Talk smack? Where? Hoping Xavier wins by 30 is smack talk? Weird.

Turn Off Ads?