Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread Part II

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread Part II

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    So I'm looking for a good RPG for PS3 or Wii...Elements I'm looking for:

- Fantasy (swords/magic) > Realism (guns)
    - Tactical combat (turned based) > Action combat (button mashing)
    - Group (of characters) > Solo
    - Strategy > Problem Solving
    - Somewhat linear > Completely open

I was a huge fan of the Shining Force series growing up and liked FF7-9. Was a big WoW player for a few years. I've had a hard time finding reviews for the games that really describe the gameplay. I've browsed a bit and seen games like Oblivion IV, Fallout 3, Fire Emblem, Disegea, etc. So what should I be considering?
    Disgaea 3 would be a good choice. It meets most of those criteria.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Game Preview: MLB Front Office Manager

For us want to be GM's; Here is our chance!

GameStop.com -

Training for your Fantasy Baseball Season MLB® Front Office Manager gives baseball fans the chance to experience their dream job. Take the reins of your favorite Major League™ team and build a championship roster. Make trades, sign free agents, draft prospects and manage games all the way from Spring Training™ through the Playoffs. Available this Winter for Xbox 360® game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows®, MLB® Front Office Manager is the only MLB® licensed game to give fans total control of an MLB® franchise.

Build Your Roster –An extremely deep Career Mode takes users beyond simple trades and free signings, and allows them to fully experience the life of an MLB® general manager. Manage Minor League™ rosters, set domestic and international scouting budgets, bid for Japanese free agents, select new players in the Amateur and Rule 5 Drafts, offer arbitration to free agents, and more.
    Take The Field – Manage your team’s games on the field all season long and enjoy a never-before-seen presentation style designed to resemble a real life TV broadcast.
    Learn From a Pro – Renowned GM Billy Beane becomes a mentor to users, providing helpful tips and insightful baseball information that even the biggest fan doesn’t know.
    Online Fantasy Leagues – Customize your league with fantasy drafts, modified rules and traditional Rotisserie and Head-to-Head fantasy baseball scoring systems. Also available offline against the CPU. Innovative Baseball Statistics – Evaluate talent using in-depth and authentic player statistics, as used by Billy Beane.
    No doubt I'm looking foward to this game. As much as I love MLB The Show.. This has everything in it that a fan GM would need or want. It should be in stores next Monday January 26th, 2009.

Re: Game Preview: MLB Front Office Manager

I talked to a Gamestop representative when I put up my pre-order. They said it would most likely be ready Tuesday Jan. 27th.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I talked to a Gamestop representative when I put up my pre-order. They said it would most likely be ready Tuesday Jan. 27th.
    And your probably right. Sometimes the shipment comes in mid-late afternoon on the ship date and therefore could possibly recieve the game on Monday.

And now we try desperately to track down the Amazon gift card procured at Christmas. This game sounds AWESOME.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Witty signature.

Amazon has it for $37 plus shipping. Looked at a few reviews, and people who like 'action' type baseball games where you are the pitcher or hitter will not like this game.

People who want to play GM will likely be happier with this game:
    2K's Front Office Manager should provide hardcore baseball fans, especially those who participate in fantasy leagues, with an engaging and authentic experience in the life of an MLB GM. MLB Front Office Manager is due out in January on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
    That quote is from a review HERE.

I also have a couple Amazon certificates laying around, and I might just have to give this one a try.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I'll wait until I see some solid reviews...I was extremely psyched for NFL Head Coach a few years back (similar concept-no actual on-field gameplay) and was probably as disappointed as I've ever been with a game. It seems games such as these just do better on a PC.

From the reviews I've read it sounds like I might as well get OOTP Baseball...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    From the reviews I've read it sounds like I might as well get OOTP Baseball...
    Rent it and see if you like it. If you do, put down the $40. That's what I am going to do.

Anyone seen minimum computer specs for this one?

Attack Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    So I'm looking for a good RPG for PS3 or Wii...Elements I'm looking for:

- Fantasy (swords/magic) > Realism (guns)
    - Tactical combat (turned based) > Action combat (button mashing)
    - Group (of characters) > Solo
    - Strategy > Problem Solving
    - Somewhat linear > Completely open

I was a huge fan of the Shining Force series growing up and liked FF7-9. Was a big WoW player for a few years. I've had a hard time finding reviews for the games that really describe the gameplay. I've browsed a bit and seen games like Oblivion IV, Fallout 3, Fire Emblem, Disegea, etc. So what should I be considering?
    Valkyria Chronicles

Jeanne D'arc if you have a PSP.
    Last edited by OUReds; 01-19-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I just picked up MLB Front Office for the Xbox. Anyone else playing it this week?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I just picked up MLB Front Office for the Xbox. Anyone else playing it this week?
    Give us some impressions when you get a chance. I'd love to hear what the 'Zoners think of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I'm thinking about it, but it greatly depends on the impression it leaves on sports gamers such as yourself. Please let me know how it is...

Turn Off Ads?