Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 of Lost

Re: Season 5 of Lost

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Same here. We NEVER saw that one coming. Our jaws hit the floor.

This is going to be a lot of fun this season...
    I texted my son and daughter right there and said "Widmore!". I believe the blond woman who took Faraday to the H Bomb is his mother. When I thought about who his mom might be (now that we know she's in LA), I wonder if she isn't the lady at the meat market who Ben left Locke's body with. I'm not sure about that because I'm not sure she's old enough now to have been that age in '54. For example, I was born that year, my mom was 26; she's now 80 - so I'm shooting holes in that theory, but then again. Of course, we don't know where Ben was in that church with the other lady who keeps popping up either. That probably was LA too, so she could be it.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I texted my son and daughter right there and said "Widmore!". I believe the blond woman who took Faraday to the H Bomb is his mother. When I thought about who his mom might be (now that we know she's in LA), I wonder if she isn't the lady at the meat market who Ben left Locke's body with. I'm not sure about that because I'm not sure she's old enough now to have been that age in '54. For example, I was born that year, my mom was 26; she's now 80 - so I'm shooting holes in that theory, but then again. Of course, we don't know where Ben was in that church with the other lady who keeps popping up either. That probably was LA too, so she could be it.
    The notes that ran with the reairing of last week's 2nd episode indicated she was the woman who talked Desmond out of buying a ring for Penny in Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    The notes that ran with the reairing of last week's 2nd episode indicated she was the woman who talked Desmond out of buying a ring for Penny in Season 3.
    She is also the women we saw at the end of last week's episode who told Ben that he had 70 hours.

I didn't watch the re-airing but it makes sense especially after watching last night's new episode. Widmore told Desmond she was in LA ... and that's where Ben is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    That was my favorite moment of the entire series. When Whidmore's name was spoken my wife and I bot started going crazy! An absolutely brilliant episode.
    I agree.

Also did anyone else notice the name of Desmond and Penny's son?

One more thing ...

Daniel made a comment to "Soldier Girl" that she reminded him of someone.

Soldier Girl

Could it be her?

Theresa Spencer

Assuming "SG" is in her early 20's in 1954 it would make Theresa in her 70's and she looks too young but Richard Alpert never ages so one has to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I agree.

Also did anyone else notice the name of Desmond and Penny's son?
    Yep. It could just be an "in honor of" kind of thing but I bet there's something more to it than that. Especially since they mentioned his name so late in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner
    One more thing ...

Daniel made a comment to "Soldier Girl" that she reminded him of someone.

Soldier Girl

Could it be her?

Theresa Spencer

Assuming "SG" is in her early 20's in 1954 it would make Theresa in her 70's and she looks too young but Richard Alpert never ages so one has to wonder.
    Interesting theory. The hair makes you think it's very possible. The age thing does seem to be a problem. Richard appears to be the only one who doesn't age. The fact that Widmore is funding her care is suspect to me. Widmore doesn't strike me as the type of person who would pay for her care out of the goodness of his heart. Widmore has a stronger tie to Spencer than we know now.

We were led to believe Farraday used Spencer in experiments and ran out when she suffered ill effects. But there may also be more to that story than we know. Widmore is going through a lot of trouble to control a lot of variables and this could be another one of those instances.
    Last edited by durl; 01-29-2009 at 11:30 AM.

I thought it was interesting that Locke sent Richard after Locke as a newborn (and the subsequent visits through his childhood).

I think that Soldier girl is Farraday's mom. She would be the lady, with the white hair, that Ben visited last week, who gave the dire warning.

My mind keeps spinning with all the possible scenarios that could spring forth from this episode.

What happened to Jughead?

When/Why did Whidmore leave the island?

Does Penny have any connection to the island? She looks to be ~40 years old. 50 years ago her dad was on the island?

I think we are going to be seeing the story of the Black Rock soon.

No mention of Jin yet. Maybe he really is dead?

Where were Rose and Bernard last night?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I think that Soldier girl is Farraday's mom. She would be the lady, with the white hair, that Ben visited last week, who gave the dire warning.

My mind keeps spinning with all the possible scenarios that could spring forth from this episode.

What happened to Jughead?

When/Why did Whidmore leave the island?

Does Penny have any connection to the island? She looks to be ~40 years old. 50 years ago her dad was on the island?

I think we are going to be seeing the story of the Black Rock soon.

No mention of Jin yet. Maybe he really is dead?

Where were Rose and Bernard last night?
    I wondered about Rose and Bernard too. We know that assorted nameless people got killed, either by flaming arrows or the two who died tripping the mines. I doubt Rose and Bernard bought the farm. Side note, if I didn't have a name in the script, I'd beg for one. Of course, then you can get a name and yack your head off about how you're going to die like Neil did.

And for that matter, when Farraday asked if everyone was accounted for, Sawyer and Juliet just said Locke, but Clare is still unaccounted for too. Is she in some special zone chilling with Jacob and Christian?

I wondered about Widmore leaving the island too. Is he unable to return? Ben said that once you leave, you can't come back. For that matter, why didn't that apply for Daniel? We saw him in the scene during the Dharma time in the first episode.

Here's another question I have. Since Farraday recognizes what's happening to Charlotte (culminating in the closing scene), why hasn't he been trying to get her a constant?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I would have to assume that why Whitmore left the island has to do with why he has a blood feud with Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Hey, a high school friend mine from right there in suburban Cincinnati will be a recurring character this season on Lost. I'm looking forward to seeing him on such a big show, but have no details as to the nature of his role.
    He wasn't "Frogurt," was he? If I had a small recurring role on "Lost," I would definitely want a Sawyer nickname.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Tonight's episode was fantastic!

They have really hit their stride again.

Whidmore was on the island in 1954?!?!

An episode without Kate! Hooray!!!!!
    I agree. I was just about ready to give up on this show and 24 but that was a great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    He wasn't "Frogurt," was he? If I had a small recurring role on "Lost," I would definitely want a Sawyer nickname.
    No, he won't be coming on until early March. He will be playing "Radzinsky", a character that was mentioned in Season 2. He's the guy who drew the map on the blast door who supposedl shot himself.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    No, he won't be coming on until early March. He will be playing "Radzinsky", a character that was mentioned in Season 2. He's the guy who drew the map on the blast door who supposedl shot himself.
    We get to see Radzinsky?? That's cool.

The writers are throwing a lot of stuff at us this season (already) but we're finally learning a lot about the island and it's history.

I just wonder how they're going to explain all that needs to be explained in the time they have left. There's just so much stuff unanswered.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?