Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 of Lost

Re: Season 5 of Lost

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I just wonder how they're going to explain all that needs to be explained in the time they have left. There's just so much stuff unanswered.
    I have a feeling they won't. Maybe there are some mysteries they'll leave to our imagination.

When Richard visits Lock as a child, he showed him three items. Can anyone recall what they were? IIRC one of them was the compass Richard gave to Lock to give to him...
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    I have a feeling they won't. Maybe there are some mysteries they'll leave to our imagination.

When Richard visits Lock as a child, he showed him three items. Can anyone recall what they were? IIRC one of them was the compass Richard gave to Lock to give to him...
    I found this one Yahoo answers:

1. Baseball glove
    2. Book of Laws
    3. Small container of granules
    4. Compass
    5. Comic book entitled "Mystery Tales" (someone noted it had a "floating island"
    6. Knife
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Jin Lives!!!

The island part of the episode === very good
    The Kate heavy part of the episode === suck

They needed to inverse the amount of screen time that Kate and Hurley each had. For Kate fans, how can you really stand to watch her? I mean I know she is hot, but she is so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Dude, Kate is so smokin' hot I don't care what she says or does.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

We know that the Losties retain their memories when they jump back in time. So did Rousseau remember meeting Jin when the Losties crash on the island years later?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I would have to assume that why Whitmore left the island has to do with why he has a blood feud with Ben.
    My guess is, he was banished. We saw a glimpse that he was (1) fiercely protective of the island, (2) ruthless and (3) not inclined to back down even from Richard. So I'm guessing he got kicked off for something and has spent the rest of his life trying to get back. Maybe to destroy everything out of spite, or, since he knows the nature of the place, to use it for his own ends.

I'm thinking this may have happened before Ben came on the scene, or even Dharma. But since Ben has been the leader and chief protector of the island, Whidmore became his problem.

And, of course, I could be totally wrong about all of the above. That's how this show goes.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    We know that the Losties retain their memories when they jump back in time. So did Rousseau remember meeting Jin when the Losties crash on the island years later?
    My wife and daughter and I were talking about this last night. We're wondering why only the Oceanic folks, the freighter three and Juliette leap. Locke, as I recall, was with Richard and the others when the first leap happened. Why didn't they leap?

Of course, it's in its 5th season and Danielle first arrived on the scene enigmatically (imagine that on this island!), so I don't recall her first encounter with Jin. Of course, it was 14 years later and maybe he just struck her as somewhat familiar.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Bookstore

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Dude, Kate is so smokin' hot I don't care what she says or does.
    Not saying that I agree with her, but my wife seems to think Kate's forehead is paralyzed from repeated botox abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My wife and daughter and I were talking about this last night. We're wondering why only the Oceanic folks, the freighter three and Juliette leap. Locke, as I recall, was with Richard and the others when the first leap happened. Why didn't they leap?

Of course, it's in its 5th season and Danielle first arrived on the scene enigmatically (imagine that on this island!), so I don't recall her first encounter with Jin. Of course, it was 14 years later and maybe he just struck her as somewhat familiar.
    It's possible that the Others are leaping but just in a different time frame from the Losties. More than likely though due to their relationship with the island they are safe.

I would imagine that if Danielle were alive still her memory of Jin would have been like Desmond's of Ferreday. When they first met they actually hadn't met in the past yet so she wouldn't have remembered that until it actually happened and then it would seem like a memory to her.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It's possible that the Others are leaping but just in a different time frame from the Losties. More than likely though due to their relationship with the island they are safe.

I would imagine that if Danielle were alive still her memory of Jin would have been like Desmond's of Ferreday. When they first met they actually hadn't met in the past yet so she wouldn't have remembered that until it actually happened and then it would seem like a memory to her.

So would that possibly explain why Ben said Alexandria (is that name right?) was his daughter and Rousseau said she wasn't? Did Ben remember that he had fathered her when traveling back in time--hold on, the more I think about this, the less sense it makes.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    So would that possibly explain why Ben said Alexandria (is that name right?) was his daughter and Rousseau said she wasn't? Did Ben remember that he had fathered her when traveling back in time--hold on, the more I think about this, the less sense it makes.
    I didn't think Ben fathered Alex. The "Others" took her, correct? I thought that was mentioned a long time ago. Plus, this week's episode shows she was pregnant when they landed on the island.

My theory is that the Others are not jumping through time but only the Losties are.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I didn't think Ben fathered Alex. The "Others" took her, correct? I thought that was mentioned a long time ago. Plus, this week's episode shows she was pregnant when they landed on the island.

My theory is that the Others are not jumping through time but only the Losties are.
    But why would Juliette be jumping then? She was an "Other", albeit an import, but then again, Ben was an import to the Dharma Iniative.

The Baseball Bookstore

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    But why would Juliette be jumping then? She was an "Other", albeit an import, but then again, Ben was an import to the Dharma Iniative.
    Maybe the common tie is proximity to the Flash Desmond allowed?

GL

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if it's affecting everyone who was on the island (and alive) when Ben did the Big Move. We're only seeing it from the perspective of the familiar characters, though.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Maybe the common tie is proximity to the Flash Desmond allowed?

GL
    That would explain Juliette, but not the three from the freighter. They weren't around then.

The Baseball Bookstore

Turn Off Ads?