Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 of Lost

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Season 5 of Lost

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    That would explain Juliette, but not the three from the freighter. They weren't around then.
    They've all been on the island before though ... maybe they have been exposed before? Dunno.

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

They're the ones getting bloody noses too.

Argggghhhhh!!!

The wind has made it so I can't watch Lost. It is constantly searching for signal, then 15 seconds of show, searching, 15 seconds of Faraday looking stunned at something Charlotte says, searching again.

I hope that they are airing this episode again next week, or I am up Schmidt's creek.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

They've been re-airing the previous week's show at 8:00pm, so I assume they'll keep doing it. I've enjoyed watching it with the comments popping up at the bottom of the screen. In some cases, I don't think there would be a way for me to figure out some of this stuff unless they come out and tell me.

And by the way, the comments remind me of the old VH1 show "Pop Up Video". Anyone remember that? I always liked it.

They confirmed that Charlotte had been on the island before but her comment to Farraday was something I wasn't expecting.

Interesting about how Rousseau killed her team. I knew she did but it was interesting that the Monster let them go and possessed them somehow. I've got a feeling that that little tidbit will be very important later on. We've never seen the Monster having that type of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    They confirmed that Charlotte had been on the island before but her comment to Farraday was something I wasn't expecting.

Interesting about how Rousseau killed her team. I knew she did but it was interesting that the Monster let them go and possessed them somehow. I've got a feeling that that little tidbit will be very important later on. We've never seen the Monster having that type of influence.
    I am not so sure about Rousseau and the whole "Monster making people sick" thing...

I suppose, that ripping off arms could lead to sickness, but I actually think that whatever is inside the "temple" (which the Monster guards) is causing the sickness.

Okay, I'm still trying to get my mind around last night's episode. So many new questions, nowhere near enough answers (were there any?) and wow.

The questions:

Where are the other survivors who were on the flight to Guam? Where are the other passengers and the jet. Or were they just transported off the plane by the light and set down on the island? But then where are Ben (supposedly he shouldn't be able to go back since he turned the wheel), Sayid and Sun?

Who talked Hurley into coming back? What convinced Kate? And what did she do with Aaron? I'm guessing she's honoring Clare's visit to her telling her not to bring him back and she's with Clare's mother. Where's Locke's body? And how does he come back to life (shown in the preview for next week)?

Where's Desmond?

What was Jin doing wearing a Dharma jumpsuit? And what year are they in?

I'm not sure we got any answers to anything. Even Daniel's mother's response to Desmond seemed cold. How come, if the island's so great, doesn't she go?

Is it next Wednesday yet?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

My son said he called Lapidas being the pilot on the flight to Guam. And where did he go? I hope they had a co-pilot!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Bookstore

I keep thinking of things: Hawkings said they had to duplicate the earlier flight closely.

Jack taking Locke's body, similar to taking his father. He needed something of his father's to travel with Locke, hence his dad's shoes he got from his grandfather (had we seen him before?).

Hurley carrying a guitar, like Charlie did.

Sayid in custody of some law enforcement officer, like Kate was.

Lapidas piloting the plane; he was supposed to have been the pilot on the Oceanic flight.

Am I missing any?

And who was the dude who commented to Jack about seeing to Locke's final wishes? He was the only non Oceanic person in 1st class (thanks to Hurley seeing that 78 other folks didn't get caught in their bizaare web). Is he going to be someone significant? On IMDB.com, he's merely identified as Nabil, so maybe not.

The Baseball Bookstore

This is either going to be the coolest thing ever made for TV, or it's going to be one of the biggest let-downs. I don't think there will be any in-between.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Locke was shown in the preview....in regards to how he died.....not that he has come back to life. Unless i missed something in that preview...that shows he is back. All the preview said was ....see how Locke died.

Looking at the shape of the VW van and the music Jin was listening to, I would say the late 1960s. I am also guessing he "joined ranks" (covertly).
    Kate went back because Jack went back (at least she said).
    I would not be surprised at all if Charlie told Hurley about the flight and convinced him to go.
    I don't think the other passengers on the plane (save Sun, Sayid and Lapidis) went back to the island. There was no debris, and as far as I could tell, there were no signs of a crash. I believe the island transported them back to it when they were over it. Ben may or may not have gone back to the island.
    If he went back, then perhaps it was not that he could not go back to the island, but he should not (meaning he was unwanted for whatever reason).
    If he remained on the plane, perhaps he is somehow (again, I have no idea how) responsible for the other passengers not noticing they were gone. Of course, I think there was only one other guy in first with them - only he would notice. But, then again, he could be that wildcard character we do not know of who will end up on the island with them (along with the stewardess). So, seeing the other passengers would be oblivious as to what is going on, the only person Ben might have to convince is the copilot. And since we have not seen the copilot...it could be someone we know.
    Sun and Sayid are laying in the jungle, somewhere, recovering from their little shock. I think Sun and Jin are soon to be reunited.
    Meanwhile, I think Locke will come back to life. The island has healed him once before. And I don't believe Ben's speech about Thomas the Apostle was done for nothing.

Of course, chances are I am light years off. The great thing about this show is its ability to throw us many-a curve.

I think they're going to be going back to the "flashback" model they used most of the first 4 seasons. There were 3 years from the time the Oceanic 6 was rescued until they returned. IN that time, we know there was interaction between Locke and Jack and Kate. We know that he changed his name to Bentham and that Jack saw his death notice. Jack also went through some tough times in that stretch.

I think we're now going to see what transpired in-between. I'm intrigued. Usully I can get a sense for where shows are going. Most TV shows are not very good at hiding the direction they're going. I have no idea what to expect with Lost. None whatsoever. They could any direction and nothing would surprise me.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

This episode asks lots of questions.

Where is Aaron? Who has him?
    Why is Jin working for Dharma, how did that happen?
    Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? What time frame did it crash?
    How did the O5 plus Ben all end up on the plane?
    What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him?
    Where/When are Sun, Sayid, and Ben?
    What did Eloise mean when she told Desmond, "The island isn't done with you."?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    This episode asks lots of questions.

Where is Aaron? Who has him?
    Why is Jin working for Dharma, how did that happen?
    Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? What time frame did it crash?
    How did the O5 plus Ben all end up on the plane?
    What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him?
    Where/When are Sun, Sayid, and Ben?
    What did Eloise mean when she told Desmond, "The island isn't done with you."?
    Two questions to a couple of your questions:

Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? When did we see the Ajira Airlines bottles? I hadn't caught that. I think it was the episode dealing with Danielle and I assume that had been their airline. Guess that will get pointed out next week when they do the pop up input before the next episode.

What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him? Did we know that something happened between them or is this just a guess as to why Ben had the daylights beat out of him?

The plot thickens!

The Baseball Bookstore

Turn Off Ads?