Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 of Lost

Re: Season 5 of Lost

I assumed Ben was injured while trying to kill Penny Whidmore...which he promised her dad he would do last season.

My guess is that he has no idea she (Penny) was even in Los Angeles until he saw Desmond show up at the church unexpectedly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I assumed Ben was injured while trying to kill Penny Whidmore...which he promised her dad he would do last season.

My guess is that he has no idea she (Penny) was even in Los Angeles until he saw Desmond show up at the church unexpectedly.
    Agree. There was some sort of fight between those three.

I'm guessing the plane didn't crash the island brought the people that were "supposed" to be on the island back through some sort of time jump like the rest of the people on the island. They will now have to figure out how to get time to stop jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Two questions to a couple of your questions:

Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? When did we see the Ajira Airlines bottles? I hadn't caught that. I think it was the episode dealing with Danielle and I assume that had been their airline. Guess that will get pointed out next week when they do the pop up input before the next episode.

What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him? Did we know that something happened between them or is this just a guess as to why Ben had the daylights beat out of him?

The plot thickens!
    The Ajira water bottles were in the canoes at the beach camp that Locke, Juliette, Sawyer, Farraday and Co. found. It was assumed that they had jumped into the near future. Because Sawyer's DHARMA beer stash had been consumed.

Desmond and Penny have been living/traveling the world on a boat. Ben calls Jack from the marina, after having taken a beating. Ben told Jack beforehand that he had to tie up a loose end with an old friend. Ben had told Widmore that because his mercenaries had killed his daughter, Alex, that Ben was going to kill Widmore's daughter, Penny. Widmore told Ben that he would never find Penny, we later find out that Desmond and Penny had been in hiding for three years. Desmond surfaces, and suddenly Ben has loose ends to tie up. 2+2=4???
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The Ajira water bottles were in the canoes at the beach camp that Locke, Juliette, Sawyer, Farraday and Co. found. It was assumed that they had jumped into the near future. Because Sawyer's DHARMA beer stash had been consumed.

Desmond and Penny have been living/traveling the world on a boat. Ben calls Jack from the marina, after having taken a beating. Ben told Jack beforehand that he had to tie up a loose end with an old friend. Ben had told Widmore that because his mercenaries had killed his daughter, Alex, that Ben was going to kill Widmore's daughter, Penny. Widmore told Ben that he would never find Penny, we later find out that Desmond and Penny had been in hiding for three years. Desmond surfaces, and suddenly Ben has loose ends to tie up. 2+2=4???
    Yeah, someone else pointed that out, but you gave more detail. I had forgotten he'd called from a marina. Now that makes a lot more sense.

As for the bottles, we never did figure out who those canoes belonged to and who was shooting at the survivors when they absconded with the one. I had, mistakenly it seems, assumed they were from Danielle's group back in '88, but that clearly doesn't make any sense now that I think about it.

Back to a "my head is going to explode" phase.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

You think Brian Vaughan pimped the comic book that Hurley was reading on the plane?

Surprisingly, I've really enjoyed this season so far after disliking last year's. Unfortunately, I feel like they're going to spend the next few weeks explaining what happened to get the Oceanic 6 back and I really don't care. I feel like the story has really progressed and now they're going back to retell it. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will only be a one week deal with Locke but I'm more interested in what is happening on the island.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Surprisingly, I've really enjoyed this season so far after disliking last year's. Unfortunately, I feel like they're going to spend the next few weeks explaining what happened to get the Oceanic 6 back and I really don't care. I feel like the story has really progressed and now they're going back to retell it. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will only be a one week deal with Locke but I'm more interested in what is happening on the island.
    I'm more interested in the island folks too at this point but I think next week will focus on Locke's back story from when he left the island and up to his death with the weeks following that filling in more holes in both the O6 story and the islanders. They've been pretty good about mixing things up between the two groups this year and I hope it remains the same now that the O6 are back. I think they'll cover both stories until the whole cast is together again which I assume will happen sometime before the season finale this spring.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I think Jack, Kate and Hurley were thrust into the '60's, where Jin is with Rousseau, et al. Ben, Sayid, Kate and everyone else are in different phases of time.

I don't think there's any doubt Ben had some sort of physical confrontation with Desmond. I don't know how long it will be before we get the details on that one, however.

I have no clue whatsoever what happened with Kate and Aaron. I don't think she simply just gave him up to honor Claire's wishes that he never return to the island; actually, I think something happened which caused her to give him up and she decides to go back because she has nothing left to stay for.

The van that Ben drives around is a carpet cleaning van for a company named "CANTON-RANIER." This is an anagram for "Reincarnation," which, when considered with the story Ben tells Jack about Thomas the Apostle, seems to be pretty clear foreshadowing that Locke is going to return to life. (BTW - I tried and tried to come up with an anagram for "Ajira Airways" - there isn't one.)

I'm actually looking forward to the Locke episode this Wednesday. I'm think it'll be very interesting, even if it doesn't move the story forward a bunch.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I think Jack, Kate and Hurley were thrust into the '60's, where Jin is with Rousseau, et al. Ben, Sayid, Kate and everyone else are in different phases of time.

I don't think there's any doubt Ben had some sort of physical confrontation with Desmond. I don't know how long it will be before we get the details on that one, however.

I have no clue whatsoever what happened with Kate and Aaron. I don't think she simply just gave him up to honor Claire's wishes that he never return to the island; actually, I think something happened which caused her to give him up and she decides to go back because she has nothing left to stay for.

The van that Ben drives around is a carpet cleaning van for a company named "CANTON-RANIER." This is an anagram for "Reincarnation," which, when considered with the story Ben tells Jack about Thomas the Apostle, seems to be pretty clear foreshadowing that Locke is going to return to life. (BTW - I tried and tried to come up with an anagram for "Ajira Airways" - there isn't one.)

I'm actually looking forward to the Locke episode this Wednesday. I'm think it'll be very interesting, even if it doesn't move the story forward a bunch.
    I think I remember Rousseau hit the island in 1988.

Before we saw Jin in the Dharma gear, he had met up with Sawyer, et al--who I think were placed back in time before Dharma (the well had not yet been dug?) Now, Jin has apparently moved ahead to Dharma times and infiltrated their group.

My guess about Kate is that she brought Aaron back to Claire's mom; who was in town receiving her Oceanic settlement check.

Good catch on the "reincarnation" anagram.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The van that Ben drives around is a carpet cleaning van for a company named "CANTON-RANIER." This is an anagram for "Reincarnation," which, when considered with the story Ben tells Jack about Thomas the Apostle, seems to be pretty clear foreshadowing that Locke is going to return to life.
    That seems to be the most popular theory on the message boards, and one that I buy. Oh, and getting to "reincarnation" requires an additional "i".

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    That seems to be the most popular theory on the message boards, and one that I buy. Oh, and getting to "reincarnation" requires an additional "i".
    Crap...you're right. Isn't there some website on the internet that fires out anagrams for words you supply? I need to go there as my skills are apparently lacking.

So, is anyone else planning on booking Ajira Airlines' "Destination Destiny" $87 dollar mystery flight?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Oh, and getting to "reincarnation" requires an additional "i".
    Actually the van said "Canton Rainier," so BL was correct. Well, incorrect and correct at the same time.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Though Ben killing Penny would seem to be just revenge on Whidmore, if the island is not done with Desmond, and Ben knows he needs to return, killing Penny would also be the way to get him to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Actually the van said "Canton Rainier," so BL was correct. Well, incorrect and correct at the same time.
    YES. That's it. Good catch.

Turn Off Ads?