Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Leagues

Re: Fantasy Baseball Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Sweet.

This was my first year playing fantasy football. Now playing fantasy bball (NBA). Figure I should go for the trifecta. lol
    You might as well go for it. Especially considering that baseball is the best of the bunch. Fantasy football is fun, but it takes the least skill and strategy. Baseball requires the most. I enjoy fantasy basketball also.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I emailed Gonads (Justin) to see if he is ready to get things rolling. I haven't heard back yet. I forget his Redszone username. Do you guys remember?
    REDblooded?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    REDblooded?
    Yep. That's it. Thanks.

I will PM him soon if he doesn't reply to my email.

I noticed we had one owner that abandoned his team back in April. We should probably ditch him this year.

Count me in as well. I prefer H2H, but I'll play whatever.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

throw me in there as well
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I'd like to join, but I kinda want my team name to be KennyWilliamsMustDie as opposed to my Reds Zone User Name.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    By the way, I'm not positive but I think yahoo had a feature last year that allowed a team to have two owners. Their fantasy baseball isn't up yet so I don't know if that's possible this year or how it would work but it's something to remember in case there are people that are interested in a league but have time limitations or if someone just wants to partner with someone.
    Looks like people CAN do this which is cool. Plus I like this new addition:
    "Take full control of your live online draft. Choose a snaking or non-snaking draft order. Allow owners to trade draft picks. Let teams pick more than once per round. Set your league's draft order based on your own custom keeper rules."

AtomicDumpling attempted to pm me but my mailbox was full although I did receive a notice that he tried (which is nice to know). I sent him a pm so we should have the league up sometime today but by friday at the latest.

Also, with as many people as we have on this site we should be able to have at least one more league. I'm game. Just in case he hasn't already done it, I'll setup a league with the settings set out by AtomicDumpling and wait for a reply by him. I'll also setup one that will have slightly different settings.

Redsfandan,

I tried to PM you but your mailbox was full....

I think I've asked this already, but who do you eliminate? Have to keep 4.

Granderson, Morneau, Youkilis, Ichiro, Hamilton
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    I think I've asked this already, but who do you eliminate? Have to keep 4.

Granderson, Morneau, Youkilis, Ichiro, Hamilton

Depends on the league format. Can you play two 1st basemen? Is it an AL only league? I assume it is a keeper league? Points league, H2H or 5x5 roto?

Without knowing the answers to these questions, I would be looking at letting Granderson or Morneau go...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Anyone have a H2H league going?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Rotissere 5x5 only one at each position and a UTL

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Anyone have a H2H league going?
    I think some of the others expressed interest in H2H as well so you may want to start a separate thread that's specifically for people interested in H2H. Just an idea.

Before I realized that AtomicDumpling had already setup a league I setup two leagues as possibilities for us to use. I hadn't done anything in the last few days with them cuz I wasn't sure if I'd keep either one. But in the last few days I've received notifications from yahoo that some people, presumably browsing the yahoo custom leagues, were interested in one of the leagues possibly because the settings are a little different. So I thought I'd keep that one, make it available here first, and than open it up to the general yahoo community in a couple days. Since this thread has become kinda "unspecific" I'll post the info in a separate thread.

Turn Off Ads?