Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2/26/09 Reds vs Twins

Re: 2/26/09 Reds vs Twins

Peter Gammons was just on ESPN talking about the Reds. He thinks the Reds will be good this year as long as our 5th starters stay healthy and pitch well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds' 8th: Valaika 4-3. Alonso K. Richar F7.

Twins' 9th (Roenicke pitching) Martin 4-3. Romero F7. Lehmann K (looking).

Great inning by Roenicke. I wish the Reds hadn't resigned both Weathers and Lincoln. One would have been fine but signing both knocks a guy like Roenicke out of a spot. It would've been nice to have his 98 mph heater at the back of the bullpen along with Burton and Cordero.

Reds lost 10-4.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Twins' 9th (Roenicke pitching) Martin 4-3. Romero F7. Lehmann K (looking).

Great inning by Roenicke. I wish the Reds hadn't resigned both Weathers and Lincoln. One would have been fine but signing both knocks a guy like Roenicke out of a spot. It would've been nice to have his 98 mph heater at the back of the bullpen along with Burton and Cordero.
    Few pitching staffs stay totally healthy through a whole season so I wouldn't be surprised to see Roenicke in Cincy sometime this year. I'm thrilled he had a good outing today.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Reds lost 10-4.
    And the dream of the Reds going 207-0 ends early on a quiet February afternoon before the daffodils have bloomed, the madness of March brings us cinderellas, the eternal optimism of opening day, the first hot day in may, the muggies of midsummer, the week's vacation at the beach cabin in August, and the first refreshing night of the fall. The dream of an unblemished spring will be put to the recesses of the heart as the dream of 174-0 and the crown of the fall classic will build as the roster is pared down and the tops of my azalea bushes start to poke out from under the shrinking, ever dirtier snowpack.

I really thought we'd pitch a shut out in every game this spring.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    And the dream of the Reds going 207-0 ends early on a quiet February afternoon before the daffodils have bloomed, the madness of March brings us cinderellas, the eternal optimism of opening day, the first hot day in may, the muggies of midsummer, the week's vacation at the beach cabin in August, and the first refreshing night of the fall. The dream of an unblemished spring will be put to the recesses of the heart as the dream of 174-0 and the crown of the fall classic will build as the roster is pared down and the tops of my azalea bushes start to poke out from under the shrinking, ever dirtier snowpack.
    Ever thought of writing for Hallmark, or maybe women's novels

Count me excited if we make the playoffs, regardless of record

Peter Gammons was just on ESPN talking about the Reds. He thinks the Reds will be good this year as long as our 5th starters stay healthy and pitch well.
    Peter thinks our success this year hinges on the likes of Micah and Mallet staying healthy? Why? If those guys go down, we have Homer, Thompson and Ramirez just to name a few. The problem is finding a place for all those guys. It does look to me like we didn't need to re-sign both Lincoln and Weathers but maybe they'll prove me wrong. For now it looks like an expensive luxury. Unless some guys go down to injury between now and Opening Day, we're going to have more RH pitchers than we know what to do with. Hopefully Walt can get something for them

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Peter thinks our success this year hinges on the likes of Micah and Mallet staying healthy? Why? If those guys go down, we have Homer, Thompson and Ramirez just to name a few. The problem is finding a place for all those guys. It does look to me like we didn't need to re-sign both Lincoln and Weathers but maybe they'll prove me wrong. For now it looks like an expensive luxury. Unless some guys go down to injury between now and Opening Day, we're going to have more RH pitchers than we know what to do with. Hopefully Walt can get something for them
    Good God I hope you meant Masset
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Good God I hope you meant Masset
    Me, too. Speaking of Mallett, can you name the other six players in the organization left over from the JimBo days?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Me, too. Speaking of Mallett, can you name the other six players in the organization left over from the JimBo days?
    Edwin Encarnacion
    Ramon Ramirez
    Ryan Hanigan
    Joey Votto
    Chris Dickerson
    David Weathers (although his current time with the team is post Bowden)

Is there someone else if it's not Weathers?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Edwin Encarnacion
    Ramon Ramirez
    Ryan Hanigan
    Joey Votto
    Chris Dickerson
    David Weathers (although his current time with the team is post Bowden)

Is there someone else if it's not Weathers?
    I didn't count Weathers, and Ramirez was signed by O'Brien. The others are:
    Luis Bolivar, who was originally signed by the Padres but was released soon after; he currently lives in Ohio
    Camilo Vazquez, who was born in Cuba and is considered a fourth round bust
    Luis Montano, who is Francisco Cordero's cousin and the only player left from Rijo's baseball academy

Turn Off Ads?