Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NL Dynasty League- Year Two, Teams available!

Re: NL Dynasty League- Year Two, Teams available!

Is there any way to see what my roster looked like at the end of last year? I don't remember my team being this bad!

Looks like I am going to need a 2B and some relievers. I have an excess of solid starting pitchers and willing to trade!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Pick 1.4 Milton Bradley (for Marios Theme Song)

Per his advance request.
    thanks I just got home from work. Where are we at in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Is there any way to see what my roster looked like at the end of last year? I don't remember my team being this bad!

Looks like I am going to need a 2B and some relievers. I have an excess of solid starting pitchers and willing to trade!

I need SP, shoot offer.

Mario's Theme Song is in sell mode and rebuilding for the future. Looking at all offers!! prefer youth/potential
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 03-13-2009 at 03:30 AM.

The Montana Reds take Tommy Hanson with pick 1.7.

Basecloggers: you can see last years teams in Yahoo by clicking on 'fantasy profile'. Your 2008 teams should still be there.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

It has now been 8 hours + since the last pick. So 'Atomic Dumpling' is now on the clock.

'Reds Suck' is bypassed, but he can still take his pick whenever he gets a chance to do so.

Onward.....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2.17 Jason Donald Mario's Theme Song

Sorry for the delay fellas

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

2.18 Ramon Hernandez - New York Knights

2.9 Seth Smith - OF Colorado
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

2.10 Gaby Sánchez
    3.1 Alcides Escobar

3.2 - Jesus Flores - C - Washington

This roster that I inherited was bad. I still have 8 empty spots to fill.
    Last edited by NJReds; 03-15-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

3.3 Carlos Carrasco - P, Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    3.2 - Jesus Flores - C - Washington

This roster that I inherited was bad. I still have 8 empty spots to fill.
    I'm in the same boat... My inherited roster compared to the top teams is night and day. I'm looking at having to start Felipe Lopez at 3b and Yadier Molina in a Utility spot.

Rd 3.4 kenshin kawakami

also on a sidenote I noticed some teams have 25+ players on their roster. Isn't this a bit detrimental to the league? Players they should have been forced to drop should have been available for us to draft. Just my .02

Also Jake Peavy and Jimmy Rollins are on the trading block.

and thats right thats how bad my squad is... I want to draft your dropped players

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    also on a sidenote I noticed some teams have 25+ players on their roster. Isn't this a bit detrimental to the league? Players they should have been forced to drop should have been available for us to draft. Just my .02
    Currently, everyone has 29 roster slots. (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, 3OF, 2UT, 2SP, 2RP, 4P, 8 BN, 2DL)

Since the season has not started, there effectively is no DL yet. So with that, I believe that you can only have 27 players on your active roster. Stats for bench guys do not count if you leave them on the bench for a given day. The idea of having 27 was to make the league a little deeper by enabling people to have prospects or minor league players on their roster without having to play them.

Also note that the innings pitched max is 1325 innings, and that you can only get 162 games in at each position. Last year, my first base slot ran out of games and I ended up getting no credit from that slot for the last week....

It is very true that a couple of these teams were shorter on players. Some of that was that due to manager neglect, some due to having a higher than average number of players switch to the AL.

Hope this helps explain a little.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    It is very true that a couple of these teams were shorter on players. Some of that was that due to manager neglect, some due to having a higher than average number of players switch to the AL.

Hope this helps explain a little.
    No problem. But we continue to draft until we fill our roster, correct. Once a team has its full allotment of players, I assume that they "pass" on their draft position?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    No problem. But we continue to draft until we fill our roster, correct. Once a team has its full allotment of players, I assume that they "pass" on their draft position?
    Correct. Unless they drop someone....

Turn Off Ads?