Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2003 standings predictions-jan 8

Dunn will have to hit better than .180 and K less than 180 times for the Reds to do anything better than 3rd place.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I Love Birds
    The key for Woody is staying healthy. If he's healthy, he should be very good because he has been for the past year and a half whenever he's not injured. I don't care about what he did for the Padres because he's a Cardinal now. New team, better defense behind him, new pitching coach, and Matheny, a very good catcher behind the plate. Morris was off and on shaky last year although he still won 17 games. I do attribute most of his shakeyness to DK's death so I think he'll be better. Tomko, who knows. It's wait and see what Dunc. does with him. Simontacchi came up in May and still won 11 games. Should have had more but the BP blew some games for him. Everyone is counting Simo out but I'm not. Garrett Stephenson when healthy was a 16 game winner. He's healthy now.

It's wait and see for every team in the division IMO. No team is the clear cut winner of the Central. Should be a dog fight.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Turn Off Ads?