Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 4/11/2009 Reds vs Pirates

Re: 4/11/2009 Reds vs Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Why? Berry held him up and BP looked back and saw the LFer stumble. That's heads up by BP IMO. Berry stinks as a 3B coach IMO.
    Sorry, I meant EdE.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-11-2009 at 06:35 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hope this isn't going to be like last year when the Reds played well against teams above .500 but were awful against the bad teams. They could have easily swept the Mets, or at least won 2 of 3. Now they come out and get smoked by the Pirates.

I expect things to get better. I'm still excited about the pitching. Cueto and Volquez have nasty stuff; Harang looked good in his first start; Arroyo was decent considering the defense behind him, plus he was facing a tough lineup stacked with LH batters. The pitching will be fine, IMO.

quotes from Bruce:

"I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't. There is absolutely no excuse for that. It was a lack of focus and I have to do a better job. Who knows if we would have won or not but that's not even giving my team a chance."

"One out down nine runs, my run doesn't mean anything first of all. I just have to give us a chance and I didn't. I have to have more focus and more concentration. I had nothing."

"Off the bat I didn't think he was going to catch it. That's no reason to take off to the races like that. You've got to know the outs and be in position to do both. I just wasn't paying attention. It was ridiculous and embarrassing. It can't happen again, that's for sure. I have to do a better job."

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    quotes from Bruce:

"I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't. There is absolutely no excuse for that. It was a lack of focus and I have to do a better job. Who knows if we would have won or not but that's not even giving my team a chance."

"One out down nine runs, my run doesn't mean anything first of all. I just have to give us a chance and I didn't. I have to have more focus and more concentration. I had nothing."

"Off the bat I didn't think he was going to catch it. That's no reason to take off to the races like that. You've got to know the outs and be in position to do both. I just wasn't paying attention. It was ridiculous and embarrassing. It can't happen again, that's for sure. I have to do a better job."

I like the maturity I'm seeing in our young players. This bode wells for the team, I think. Maybe not this year, but it means we're getting closer.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

1st three batters in the line-up today = a combined 0 for 10 (Votto is excused).

Taveras, Hairston, McDonald, Gonzalez, Nix, Janish....these are names that fail to inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    quotes from Bruce:

Kudos to Bruce for manning up and taking responsibility. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Kudos to Bruce for manning up and taking responsibility. He'll be fine.
    Exactly. He's a young player. Hope it is a learning experience for him. Bruce is not going to be a problem. Some of these other guys? That I don't know.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

And on Bruce's base-running gaffe:

"Jay came into my office yesterday. He came in himself. I always say my door is open. If you want to come in, come in. I don’t think it has to do with relaxing. He knew the situation. He told everyone “1 out, 1 out.” He felt terrible. He felt terrible. I was pissed off, but after I saw how terrible he felt, it was hard to stay pissed off."

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Turn Off Ads?