Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Anyone watch the Rockets game on NBA TV? My friend that's a Rockets fan was LIVID about the officiating, and I was wondering if anyone else felt that the Rockets got shafted.
    NBA officiating is easily the worst of all the major sports. I know its a tough job and the game moves fast, but there is rarely a game I watch where there are 3 or 4 calls or non calls that are terrible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pretty funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/090422

I liked:

Answer I wish Jackson had given: "He needed to relax, so I broke out a 6-foot Indian reservation bong that I bought in New Mexico for 20 bucks with Dean Meminger in 1973, and let's just say that I introduced that thing to Trevor and relaxed him to the point that we needed to wake him up with a Taser this morning."
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

tonight, Miami and Orlando tie up their series at 1-1, while Denver takes a 2-0 lead. A road win is very key in a seven game NBA series so the East series are basically down to best of five. Miami figured out Atlanta tonight by slowing the game down. While New Orleans is in some trouble with a re-newed Denver team, needs to find some heart at home

YES! JAZZ WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    YES! JAZZ WIN!
    Probably their last win of the season, but it was definitely a fun game to watch.

I really wish Okur was healthy. That would drastically change this series.
    I can see them winning the next game at home, but I don't see them winning 3 more games.

No one can quit faster than the Hawks...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    No one can quit faster than the Hawks...
    the 2008-09 Detroit Pistons would like to challange that statement

Kobe shot very well tonight and went for 38 points, but the scariest thing about tonight was the Lakers starting Odom over Bynum. Odom and Pau posted +20 and +15 tonight, in comparison to Kobe's +4.

Lakers w/ Odom starting > Lakers with Bynum starting

and Okur was a bit of a disappointment, probably still too injured to play effectively

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    the 2008-09 Detroit Pistons would like to challange that statement
    Yeah, but the Pistons follies are as much due to aging and front office blunders as anything else. 'Sheed is half the player he was. Rip isn't the force he was. Stuckey isn't quite the player they thought he would be, and Tayshaun can only do so much.

Think about these moves:
    -Darko over DWade and 'Melo
    -AI for Billups
    -Losing Okur

The Pistons should have won 2-3 titles.

The Hawks have a ton of talent, but Joe Johnson is the emotional equivalent of a monk and Josh Smith is a flake.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Pistons were not winning a championship this year, Billups or no Billups.

Joe Dumars knows what he is doing, which is creating cap space. Granted, it is a gamble, but I wouldn't count him out. Criticizing Dumars for drafting Darko ahead of Wade and Melo is akin to criticizing the Lakers for trading Adrian Dantley to the Jazz for Spencer Haywood prior to the start of Magic Johnson's rookie year. The end result was at least one championship.

Pacer fans can talk all they want about the Brawl in '05 or Larry Johnson's phantom 4-point play in the '99 ECF. But the main reason there hasn't been a banner in Indy since the ABA days is largely due to two masterful moves by Dumars:

Stealing Sheed at the '04 trading deadline.

Drafting Tayshawn Prince in '02.

Both moves could easily have, and should have been made by the Pacers at the time.

Donnie Walsh--God love him, he did a great job resurrecting a dead franchise, but had slipped in recent years--was asleep at the switch.

At least that is the way that I see it.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Hawks have a ton of talent, but Joe Johnson is the emotional equivalent of a monk and Josh Smith is a flake.
    Agreed.

The Hawks were missing Marvin Williams, but would he have made that much of a difference.

I also find it quite amusing that several Hawk's fans--yes, they do exist--preferred drafting Yi over Horford in '07. What a disaster that would have been. Billy Knight made some bad moves, but that wasn't one of them.

As for the Heat, Jermaine O'Neal looked like the Jermaine O'Neal of '04. We will see if he can keep it up. If he can, the Cavs will be in for a fight in round two.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    As for the Heat, Jermaine O'Neal looked like the Jermaine O'Neal of '04. We will see if he can keep it up. If he can, the Cavs will be in for a fight in round two.
    I know I'm a Cavs homer, but really? Not only will the Heat-Hawks series go 7 while the Cavs sit and rest, but the series will start out at a quick 2-0 Cavs lead. Cavs will roll either the Heat or Hawks in 5 games at most, but more likely 4

Joe Dumars knows what he is doing, which is creating cap space. Granted, it is a gamble, but I wouldn't count him out. Criticizing Dumars for drafting Darko ahead of Wade and Melo is akin to criticizing the Lakers for trading Adrian Dantley to the Jazz for Spencer Haywood prior to the start of Magic Johnson's rookie year. The end result was at least one championship.
    There were three yearly NBA All-Stars/MVP candidates taken immediately after Darko...Dumars is no good

The Hawks have a ton of talent, but Joe Johnson is the emotional equivalent of a monk and Josh Smith is a flake
    The Hawks are extremely talented, but they are extremely young and lack a true 5 to balance their team. Horford is a 4 not a 5, Williams is a 3 not a 4, their frontline is mis-positioned and it hurts them. They are a talented young team but are in need of a piece or two and a new coach before they become a legitimate threat in the East

rant over

My Sixers lose 84-81. The series is tied at 2 games each. Game five to be in Orlando.

gosixers2

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/schedule
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

It is so hard to be a Jazz fan. It's nice that they are always competitive and in the playoffs, but so frustrating to watch them lose every year and to know exactly how it is going to happen every time.

At least they didn't lose by 58 points at home.

Turn Off Ads?