Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 Kentucky Wildcats Football

Re: 2009-2010 Kentucky Wildcats Football

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Under Petrino, Louisville was a Top Ten program.

Under Kragthorpe, they may not be in the Top Ten of the Big East.

That's a mighty steep decline for a program in three short years.

And a deserving firing, IMO, unless he finds the Top 25 and a pretty big bowl game this year.
    That will be tough considering it is an eight team league. Kragthorpe is certainly in trouble but this team doesn't have the talent to reach those acheivements. If he reaches 7 wins and a bowl he will save his job. Five wins and he will likely be in trouble.

On the other point, Brooks has done a great job at UK. It is too bad that both these programs didn't peak at the same time. The fan debate would be much more fun if it was the UK team of 2007-2008 against the UofL team of 2005-2006. A great Offense vs. Defense matchup.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That will be tough considering it is an eight team league.
    Obviously, I was using hyperole. And WMR, I had no idea Kentucky was ranked that highly in 2007. How many SEC games did they win that year? 3? When was the last time UK won more SEC games than they lost?

part of BBN

The part that does concern me about this game is our kicking game. Not putting balls (kickoff) in the endzone the way Masthay did, could be a problem with U of L's Guy returning kicks.
    Then there of course is the Seiber factor.
    I feel pretty good about KY winning this game but the above factors are reason enough to present UK some problems.

From the LHL:

Ridge Wilson, one of five true freshmen to see action in the University of Kentucky's season-opening football victory over Miami (Ohio), has been suspended for violating team rules, Coach Rich Brooks announced at Tuesday's practice.

WLEX-18 TV in Lexington reported Tuesday that an arrest warrant is being prepared for Wilson after he was accused of assaulting a woman on UK's campus Monday night. WLEX reported that Wilson allegedly punched the woman in the face after an argument, left the scene and has not been seen since. Police say that Wilson will be charged with fourth-degree assault.

Wilson, a 6-foot-3, 207-pound linebacker from Central High School in Louisville, will be held out of all team activities this week including Saturday's game against his hometown team, the Louisville Cardinals.

Brooks said Wilson's status beyond this week is under evaluation.

Wilson was a first-team All-State selection by The Associated Press after his senior season at Central. He was also named to the Herald-Leader's Class of the Commonwealth selection of the state's top 22 seniors.

Wilson joined cornerback Martavious Neloms, wide receiver LaRod King, tailback Donald Russell and offensive lineman Larry Warford as true freshmen to receive playing time in UK's 42-0 win over Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 5. Wilson recorded one tackle in the game.
    Ouch. Though you really shouldn't blame anyone about this other than Wilson. He's had a clean record throughout his career.

part of BBN

Okay..if I upgrade my package to get ESPNU with Dish, how long do I have to keep that pack which I wouldnt want after the game ?
    Do you have to keep it a month ?
    I was just going to listen to it which I enjoy doing with Tom & Pic but we had a family reunion planned for saturday at 3:00.
    No problem right, cause the game would be over. Well I found out yesterday the start time for the reunioun was moved to 11:00 !

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Okay..if I upgrade my package to get ESPNU with Dish, how long do I have to keep that pack which I wouldnt want after the game ?
    Do you have to keep it a month ?
    I was just going to listen to it which I enjoy doing with Tom & Pic but we had a family reunion planned for saturday at 3:00.
    No problem right, cause the game would be over. Well I found out yesterday the start time for the reunioun was moved to 11:00 !
    You can drop it the next day. But you will have to pay a $5 fee for downgrading. If you can afford it I would keep it. I would say more games will be on ESPNU before the season is over. Also, as of now, there are three UK basketball games scheduled to be on ESPNU.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    You can drop it the next day. But you will have to pay a $5 fee for downgrading. If you can afford it I would keep it. I would say more games will be on ESPNU before the season is over. Also, as of now, there are three UK basketball games scheduled to be on ESPNU.
    Thanks.
    I am upgrading now !

Florida is favored by 21 over Kentucky in Lexington. I know Florida is good and has won 22 straight over UK, but I can't believe that spread. If I were a betting person, I'd take UK and the points. Anyone else surprised by the spread?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Florida is favored by 21 over Kentucky in Lexington. I know Florida is good and has won 22 straight over UK, but I can't believe that spread. If I were a betting person, I'd take UK and the points. Anyone else surprised by the spread?
    I'm not surprised. Florida has pretty much dominated UK over the years. 22 straight wins in fact. But I think UK can make a game of it. I'm not sure Forida is as good as advertised. I've read their receiving corps is banged up and Tebow is supposedly battling a respiratory infection. They flew him and a couple of others up on a separate plane so they wouldn't infect other players. I doubt that effects the game that much but I will take whatever advantage I could get to beat Florida.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    That it is not higher? Yes. Remember that the spreads are not actually what the oddsmakers think the difference in the game will be. They are designed so that betting action will be equal on both sides of the spread. That said, I have a hard time seeing UK putting up many points vs. UF.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The weather alone should bring the line down a few points. Add to that--the reported illnesses of Tebow and Wright, and you are staring at a pretty big number.

I read earlier that 97% of all flu cases confirmed on the UF campus were the H1N1 virus. Methinks I will pack a surgical mask with my poncho for the game tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    That it is not higher? Yes.
    Looking ugly so far. Tebow might get to rest for the entire second half the way this is going.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Looking ugly so far. Tebow might get to rest for the entire second half the way this is going.
    Second half ? He might as well rest the rest of the game. I predicted at work this week we would lose by around 20.
    This though is a total embarrassment ! Havent moved the ball on offense (-1 yard ) in first quarter plus cant stop FLA plus more blocked punts.
    Yeah Florida is a lot better than UK but this is a ridiculous !

Moral victory: Tim Tebow knocked out of the game on a vicious hit that has been replayed about 40 times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Moral victory: Tim Tebow knocked out of the game on a vicious hit that has been replayed about 40 times now.
    Classy.

Turn Off Ads?