Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 Kentucky Wildcats Football

Re: 2009-2010 Kentucky Wildcats Football

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Classy.
    I understand your point directed at the moral victory comment. But I'll be the first to say that when a player from a team I am rooting for lays a clean,legal,proper/non-dirty,etc hit, but the hit is so hard it knocks a guy out of the game...I'm happy. I never want any player to sustain life or career threatening injuries, but lets be honest...this is football.

I apologize if I am ignorant.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I understand your point directed at the moral victory comment. But I'll be the first to say that when a player from a team I am rooting for lays a clean,legal,proper/non-dirty,etc hit, but the hit is so hard it knocks a guy out of the game...I'm happy. I never want any player to sustain life or career threatening injuries, but lets be honest...this is football.

Bingo.

The hit was perfectly clean. I can't believe Wyndham got that wide open to hit him the way he did.

It's not like it has helped Kentucky. Hartline is going to self-destruct in the coming weeks and tonight is only the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

I see your point, but the fact of the matter is it WAS a serious injury. Tebow was carted off the field throwing up, it's not like he bounced right back up and started playing again. I don't think possibly knocking a guy out for several weeks is a moral victory...

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think possibly knocking a guy out for several weeks is a moral victory...
    I agree. Its fine to enjoy a good hit but when it becomes apparent that the opposing player has suffered a serious head injury the celebration might be a little bit much.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the hit just the celebration of the serious injury to a player with a bright future.
    Last edited by joshnky; 09-26-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Just got back from the game. Tebow was taken to UK hospital for precautionary measures.

All I can say is, Florida is lucky to have a bye week next weekend. Tebow is going to be feeling the post-concussion symptoms for quite some time.

With Tebow sick, they probably should have sat him this week anyway. They obviously didn't need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    With Tebow sick, they probably should have sat him this week anyway. They obviously didn't need him.
    And this is where if I were a Florida fan, I would be letting Urban Meyer feel the heat.

The game was over with by the first quarter and Tebow was sick anyways. He should have sat out the second half but I think Meyer wanted to take a tip from the "ole ball coach" and run the score up.

Now Florida has a date at Tiger Stadium against LSU in a couple of weeks and no certainty that Tebow will be able to play.

part of BBN

Tebow shouldnt have been in the game in the second half and as the other poster said, they probably wouldnt have needed him at all anyway.
    As far as the moral victory, the only thing I can hang my hat on is saying for quarters 2-4 , it was 10-7 Florida. Thats the best I can come up with.
    Sacks, good hits etc is one thing but a guy spitting up blood and taken to the hospital doesnt qualify as a moral victory to me. That isnt my style.
    Kentucky isnt no where near the same level as Fla but with the game at home, they shouldnt have been beat that bad.
    I thought they had a better shot at Alabama than Fla anyway but now, that looks doubtful.
    Last edited by jmac; 09-27-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And this is where if I were a Florida fan, I would be letting Urban Meyer feel the heat.

The game was over with by the first quarter and Tebow was sick anyways. He should have sat out the second half but I think Meyer wanted to take a tip from the "ole ball coach" and run the score up.

Now Florida has a date at Tiger Stadium against LSU in a couple of weeks and no certainty that Tebow will be able to play.
    Agreed.

Urban Meyer, I hereby introduce you to Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    ...I think Meyer wanted to take a tip from the "ole ball coach" and run the score up.
    Maybe that would explain the long bomb pass attempt with his team leading 31-0.

:thumbdown

As for my musings about the spread being too high, I guess I look pretty silly right now. Take away those Florida scoring drives in the first quarter and the score may have been much closer, however.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Please, Tebow was in the game because after the 1st quarter the O had struggled, why not leave him in and let him try and get it in sync? as a Gator fan (the only one here funny enough ) I don't blame Meyer one bit, as for running it up, it's the other teams job to stop that.

Injuries happen, cheering for it though, yeah I'm glad I'm not that type of football fan.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Please, Tebow was in the game because after the 1st quarter the O had struggled, why not leave him in and let him try and get it in sync? as a Gator fan (the only one here funny enough ) I don't blame Meyer one bit, as for running it up, it's the other teams job to stop that.

Injuries happen, cheering for it though, yeah I'm glad I'm not that type of football fan.
    The point is though, the game was pretty much over with by the end of the first quarter and Tebow was sick anyways. It would have made sense to pull him and let Brantley get some more snaps. Why leave Tebow in and put him at risk for injury or getting worse with sickness when there is no need?

And for the record, if Tebow would have been pulled after the first quarter, I really don't think Kentucky would have still had a shot in coming back. That is how much faith I have in Hartline as a starter.

From everything I have read and seen with Tim Tebow, he is an excellent person and I am not knocking him. I do think at the same time that he has been overglorified by ESPN and it really puts him in the same boat as Tom Brady last season. One of the UK websites I read had a lot of people leaving comments before the game on how people shouldn't criticize Tebow because of everything he does, but at the end of the day, i'm just looking at what team he plays for as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    I thought they had a better shot at Alabama than Fla anyway but now, that looks doubtful.
    After watching them play Arkansas, I think Alabama may be better than Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    After watching them play Arkansas, I think Alabama may be better than Florida.
    I agree. They have studs all over the place and they finally have a qb that is a real threat.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?