Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/5/09 - Reds vs Marlins

Re: 5/5/09 - Reds vs Marlins

Willy really worked the count there with two guys on base..nice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Taveras' OBP continues to drop. It's now under .330.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Taveras' OBP continues to drop. It's now under .330.
    When it gets below .310.... sell :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I understand where you're coming from; but JHJ has already gotten plenty. And what about getting Janish more playing time? These are ideal situations, with AGon going down, to do it.

Are we now going to see JHJ platooning at SS with Janish? That's simply absurd IMO. JHJ is not a SS IMO.
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm right there with you. Just saying that Dusty's in a bit of a quandry. If he plays Janish, where does he play Hairston. LF? Well, he also wants to get Dickerson on track too? I don't think Janish in considered a "core" member of the team. He's a defensive sub in Dusty's mind. I kinda agree, but he's been swinging a MUCH improved bat since the spring. It's just a tough situation. With so many multiple guys struggling that we need to get on track, it's a juggling act.

With Hairston's solid success against the Marlins last year...maybe that was the deciding factor in that decision. Not a bad thing to look at when you're not sure what to do.

But he sure is sacrificing a ton of defense IMO. Tough call.

Cantu flies out to center. 1 out.

Great catch by Dickerson on Uggla's line drive.

Nice snag by Chris! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm right there with you. Just saying that Dusty's in a bit of a quandry. If he plays Janish, where does he play Hairston. LF? Well, he also wants to get Dickerson on track too? I don't think Janish in considered a "core" member of the team. He's a defensive sub in Dusty's mind. I kinda agree, but he's been swinging a MUCH improved bat since the spring. It's just a tough situation. With so many multiple guys struggling that we need to get on track, it's a juggling act.

With Hairston's solid success against the Marlins last year...maybe that was the deciding factor in that decision. Not a bad thing to look at when you're not sure what to do.

But WHY does he have to play Hairston is the real question? Sure, it's worked out so far, but Jerry is not going to be part of the future of this team.

Nice snag by Chris! :O)
    Nice trap, but I ain't complaining.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

George is really looking forward to the games with the "Redbirds"

Looks like Dickerson may have trapped that on the replay...

He's in a quandry of his own making, based on his elevating Hairston to a place on this team that he doesn't deserve. Not remotely a tough call for most any other manager. This would be where I repeat my point from ORG that one of Baker's strengths is loyalty, and it is also one of his greatest weaknesses.

Another great changeup. Hermida strikes out swinging. 3 Ks for Volquez. 1-0 Reds after 2.

KKK

chat is open
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    But WHY does he have to play Hairston is the real question? Sure, it's worked out so far, but Jerry is not going to be part of the future of this team.
    Well, you obviously don't agree with Dusty on this one, but he thinks Hairston is a valuable part of this team. If he wasn't struggling so much so far this year...I'd probably agree. He was one of the most valuable members of the team last season. After Votto, maybe the most valuable. Many here think it was a lucky season, but I saw one solid ab after another. But very few and far between this year. Who knows.

Turn Off Ads?