Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 5/6/09 - Reds vs Brewers

Re: 5/6/09 - Reds vs Brewers

Saddest.. Game thread.. EVER.

Glad I was working for this one. Had a feeling arroyo was going to lay and egg tonight.

I was praying while reading that since it was only an 11 page thread that maybe the rain returned and we dodged a bullet.

No such luck. Can't wait to read a recap of this game.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well I'm glad that's over. Go get'em next time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I would think Arroyo's agent would have something to say on the matter as well....you just can't let a guy give up 15 runs. Same thing if Dusty had Arroyo throw 180 pitches...the agent would go ballistic.
    I hear what you're saying, but I sure hope that Dusty doesn't even give a fleeting thought to what some player's agent thinks about how he uses his players.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Saddest.. Game thread.. EVER.

Glad I was working for this one. Had a feeling arroyo was going to lay and egg tonight.

I was praying while reading that since it was only an 11 page thread that maybe the rain returned and we dodged a bullet.

No such luck. Can't wait to read a recap of this game.
    Game Recap:

Bronson was all over the place, but when he did throw a strike, it was right down the middle, about thigh high, the same place where guys would want every pitch in home run derby.

Brandon Phillips popped up overswinging with the bases loaded, then took a nice, fluid swing with the bases empty and hit one in the upper deck.

JJ Hardy hasn't hit in a month but suddenly finds his stroke right the day before the series with the Reds starts and "muscles" an outside pitch to right for a 3 run homer to make it 5-0 after 1.

Quote from me in the 2nd inning after pitcher gets infield hit and Weeks reaches again, but before Craig Counsell hits a tracer to right for the second inning in a row: "I sure hope Dusty gets someone warmed up in a hurry before this one gets out of hand." Enter Ryan Braun. Fastball down the middle, thigh high, Grand Slam to deep right center. Game over.

Jay Bruce hits a home run. Paul Janish pitches and gives up 5 runs but strikes out two. Janish boards a plane to Sarasota to work on a second pitch as he converts to pitcher

Really, the less you know about this game, the better. It was a bad reminder of hopefully bygone days, when the starters got rocked in this manner seemingly every other night.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I sure hope that Dusty doesn't even give a fleeting thought to what some player's agent thinks about how he uses his players.
    No doubt, when you start worrying about the agents take on your managing then it's time to quit and go fishing.

Another note on leaving Arroyo in: my recent memory of letting someone get rocked "taking one for the team" was LaRussa leaving Jason Marquis in one time a few years back. 13 runs, 14 hits. I thought then and do now that unless you have absolutely no other options or you are looking to get rid of the guy, it is unfair to the guy who just doesn't have anything that night, which was clearly the case with Arroyo last night. Which is why it isn't suprising that it was LaRussa

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore...?gid=260621104

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I would think Arroyo's agent would have something to say on the matter as well....you just can't let a guy give up 15 runs. Same thing if Dusty had Arroyo throw 180 pitches...the agent would go ballistic.
    I doubt an agent has any influence on how a player is used once a contract is signed.

Turn Off Ads?