Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: 6/6/09: Reds vs. Cubs--Maloney's Debut

Re: 6/6/09: Reds vs. Cubs--Maloney's Debut

I think this was a really big win...29-26, gained some ground, and losing with the injuries, the scraping along trying so hard - they needed this one. These guys would not have quit trying if they lost but winning this one has to be a huge shot in psyche for them.

Nice debut for Maloney. Who'd have thunk Hernandez and Hanigan would be two of the offense's main cogs last March? Reds obviously need Joey back but getting Bruce untracked is almost as important.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Semantics, I think. The mark goes in our W column, we won it. Like you said, I'll take it.
    Yep, the standings would be all messed up if the one didn't correspond to the other.

Maloney did a very good job. I liked the confidence he showed. It seems that so many guys get the call, then think they have to do something different than they've been doing to get people out (Homer, I'm talking to you) rather than realizing that what got them here is what will keep them here or not.

I'm still not convinced Dickerson can hit enough, but he is starting to make some folks who put him in center from the start look like they called that one.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Maloney did a very good job. I liked the confidence he showed. It seems that so many guys get the call, then think they have to do something different than they've been doing to get people out (Homer, I'm talking to you) rather than realizing that what got them here is what will keep them here or not.

I'm still not convinced Dickerson can hit enough, but he is starting to make some folks who put him in center from the start look like they called that one.
    He was poetry in motion in centerfield tonight, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He was poetry in motion in centerfield tonight, wasn't he?
    No doubt and has been hitting the ball to boot. With the hatred for Willie Tavares around here, the popular thing is to promote Chris for Center, but I'm still not convinced. Yeah, he may be a somewhat better option than Willy T, but I think he better fits into the twice a week category. We still need a hitting outfielder. Bruce needs to go back to AAA to get his mechanics straight and right field is a mess. Wonder if Jermaine Dye is still available .
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    No doubt and has been hitting the ball to boot. With the hatred for Willie Tavares around here, the popular thing is to promote Chris for Center, but I'm still not convinced. Yeah, he may be a somewhat better option than Willy T, but I think he better fits into the twice a week category. We still need a hitting outfielder. Bruce needs to go back to AAA to get his mechanics straight and right field is a mess. Wonder if Jermaine Dye is still available .
    Bruce is being schooled, it has nothing to do with his stroke. The league figured out "no fastballs in the zone, offspeed anywhere and he'll chase." That is making an approach adjustment. And if Marty can recognize this, and me for that matter, then I am sure this is being worked on by the coaches. AAA pitchers are not going to be able to do what major league pitchers are day in and day out to help him work through the adjustment.

Turn Off Ads?