Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

Re: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

In the first set of pictures I don't see a thing. They are just black to me. In 2nd set,I'm not sure what it is. It could be a leaf like someone else said or something else. I have never experienced a ghost or haunting but I leave open the possiblity that things like that do happen. Me and my wife have visited Gettysburg a couple of times. One time when driving around the park late, about dusk, my wife said she got a really eery feeling when we passed some spring (I don't remember the name). She said she felt like if there were spirits there they were in that spot. It did look kind of creepy in that area but I didn't sense anything other than that. I've been wanting to go back since its been a long time since the last time we were there for any legth of time. May have to pay a visit soon. I only live about 1 1/2 hours from Gettysburg.
    The History Channel shows The Ghost of Gettysburg every so often. There are two shows of ghost stories and some pretty chilling tales of peoples experiences with them that live in that area.
    Thanks for sharing those SAVA. I find these experiences of people with ghosts fascinating.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

My favorite haunted spot is the road in Oxford near Miami University where you can pull over, blink 3 times, and then a dead motorcyclist will start driving toward you. Supposedly a long time ago a cyclist hit a little boy on a bike while on a night time trip to see his girlfriend whose parents forbid them to date, perfect haunted love story, ehh? You see the headlight, then the reflectors of the little boy's bike.

It actually DOES work, but I'm convinced that it's just a car coming down a distant hill, bright lights on, which from a distance appear as one headlight... and then I'm guessing it makes a turn, where the breaklights become "reflectors". (I have noticed once or twice the headlight seems to become two headlights the closer it gets, leading to my car theory). But, as I said, it DOES work and makes for a fun night, especially when you're bored.

As far as other stuff is concerned, I usually go out of my way NOT to have any kind of encounter with spirits or anything like that. Part of me does believe in that stuff, part of me doesn't. I'd rather keep it that way.

I did have one odd experience as a kid though. I was walking on my dad's back (he had a bad back and I was maybe 35 pounds at the time) in our basement, and as I looked up to the ceiling, I saw a whitish cloud/mass go IN an HVAC SUPPLY vent while the A/C was on!

At first I thought maybe it was smoke from one of dad's cigarrettes, but then I later realized that it was a supply vent and the air was on. My theory might have held water had that vent been to a return duct. It kinda creeped me out.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I also managed to capture this image during the daylight while hiking Big Round Top. It resembles the image of a soldier. Don't know how to explain it. I know it wasn't a tree.
    looks like a brown rag in a tree to me

The brown thing reminds me of a jawa's cloak.

Zoinks!

I've been ghosthunting for years.
    Been hunting and studying for years myself (since 1977 or so), pretty interesting stuff out there. I do think that the one pic looks like something hanging in the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It seems lots of people don't believe in ghosts until they experience something. My best friend used to always give me crap.... until he lived in Arizona for 6 months. He didn't believe in any God or after life or anything before he moved out there. After his experiences in the house he lived in, he is certainly a believer now.
    If your friend lived anywhere near Phoenix, I bet he just saw an old person.

That brown thing looks like either a leaf or a bat to me, Sava.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I agree. I don't see squat.

Does anybody else have a Cry Baby Bridge where you live? You know - the story where a mother left her baby on a railroad bridge, and it died, and at night you can hear the baby crying. We seem to have several of them. :
    We have one just outside of Troy. My friend's parents used to own the house and property right next to it, and they told me there were several times they had to run people off their land late at night who were trying experience the crying baby. They lived there for over 10 years and never heard a thing.

I also managed to capture this image during the daylight while hiking Big Round Top. It resembles the image of a soldier. Don't know how to explain it. I know it wasn't a tree.
    HAHA are you kidding me? You have to be joking with this one

Id say double digits of people have died in my home before, and the only thing I hear or see at night is cars driving past my house.

My home is over 150 years old.

I do believe that some people see things, though.

My personal opinion is that ghosts and things like that are probably all demonic forces masquerading as whatever it is the person is seeing or encountering. For those who don't encounter them, they probably aren't seen as a vulnerable (or usable) target to whatever it is. But that's getting pretty close to a religious discussion so I won't divulge much further.

I know people who claim to have seen things, though. A friend of my brother had an uncle commit suicide in their house, and ever since that time all kinds of odd things happened in that place. They would see light phenomena float through the house. Windows would mysteriously open. Walls of empty rooms would be tapped on, stuff like that. I've never experienced anything like that, and I can say for sure that I don't ever want to.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

This stuff makes for good stories, but I could never be convinced.

It's fun to be scared, an altogether different thing to acutally believe any of this is true.

My Mother is really into this stuff, and we give each other grief back and forth.

I always like where people see the ghost wearing clothes. What determines what outfit the ghost is wearing?

How does one become a ghost? Once you are a ghost, do you ever stop being a ghost?

And- do you really just hang around the same places making noises for eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    This stuff makes for good stories, but I could never be convinced.

It's fun to be scared, an altogether different thing to acutally believe any of this is true.

My Mother is really into this stuff, and we give each other grief back and forth.

I always like where people see the ghost wearing clothes. What determines what outfit the ghost is wearing?

How does one become a ghost? Once you are a ghost, do you ever stop being a ghost?

And- do you really just hang around the same places making noises for eternity?
    Let me first say I'm a believer. Not one of the ones like you see on TV, but someone who tried not to believe but experience told me otherwise. That said, I'm not sure ghosts are spirtis/demons, etc. I think there is quite possibly a natural explanation for them, or that there is some part of some of our brains stuck in a different stage of evolution. It is also possible that they are spirts, and it is of course very possible they aren't there at all. I'm open to anything...when someone says they could never be convinced one way or another, that is a very closed minded and unscientific position. Here is an excellent article on just that topic.

http://skeptoid.com/episode.php?id=4134&comments=all

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Id say double digits of people have died in my home before, and the only thing I hear or see at night is cars driving past my house.

My home is over 150 years old.
    Double digits? So someone dies in your home roughly every 15 years? I hope you haven't been there for long.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Double digits? So someone dies in your home roughly every 15 years? I hope you haven't been there for long.
    My house is a former doctors office.

Turn Off Ads?