Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

Re: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Doug- Yachtzee did a pretty good job of explaining what I was going to post- sorry, didn't need think you had to hear it from me.

I think it's sort of funny that you're demanding an explanation as to how an invisible force (either a former human turned spirit, demon, etc.) pushing you to the ground violates natural laws.

They teach what you are claiming all the time in physics class. Things pop out of nowhere in your room when you are alone and assault you. No need to explain it, really, as there are things like "love" that are unprovable LOL.....

If a force can shove you, funny how we don't accidentally just "bump" into ghosts every now and then, isn't it? Or can they fly now, too? Or do they have the super power of appearing and reappearing at will? Yeah, that wouldn't violate any natural law.
    Food for thought:

2. Turn Off Ads?

If a force can shove you, funny how we don't accidentally just "bump" into ghosts every now and then, isn't it? Or can they fly now, too? Or do they have the super power of appearing and reappearing at will? Yeah, that wouldn't violate any natural law.
    Yes, but what about unnatural law?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Yes, but what about unnatural law?
    Unnatural law would allow for any possibility -- magic, telekinesis, demonic wishes, sentient black holes, Easter Bunnies with swords...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think it's sort of funny that you're demanding an explanation as to how an invisible force (either a former human turned spirit, demon, etc.) pushing you to the ground violates natural laws.

For starters Dom, my experience is completely irrelevant to a ghost existing violating the laws of physics. Simply being invisible doesn't violate the laws of physics. Being invisible but having enough of something to cause a reaction to a person doesn't either. Heck, the wind is invisible and can knock you over can't it? The US Army uses a 'heat gun' that is invisible and will burn the crap out of you if you don't move long enough.

As for bumping into things all the time.... well there are different theories out there. Appearing and disappearing could be possible if the theory that ghosts take the energy from the fields around it to appear or to 'move things'. And no, that doesn't violate a law of physics.

I do find it a little funny though that we are maybe, 150 years into even beginning to understand things on a level beyond what our eyes can see but the belief is that anything we don't already understand simply is impossible because of science. Heck, even the simple things that we couldn't begin to imagine 30 years ago are childs play today in scientific terms because of where our technology is. The assumption you are making that things are simply impossible based on where we are in our 'science' is fairly arrogant.

Can ghosts go through drive-thu's and get a cheeseburger?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Being invisible but having enough of something to cause a reaction to a person doesn't either. Heck, the wind is invisible and can knock you over can't it?
    Oh dear.

This last post has too much in it for me to refute without taking too much time.

We knocked apart your love argument, now we are into invisible weaponry used by the Army (it's not invisible per se but it is provable) and a theory of invisiblilty that could actually work within the laws of physics but has nothing to with independent spirits walking around your home and pushing you to the ground for no reason.

Let's just agree to this: You believe that an invisible being can knock you over and commit assault on your person, while I believe that it's remotely likely this is what took place.

If you are going to ignore the way energy and matter work and be willing to suspend natural laws so that anyhting is possible, well then, there is no arguing with you becuase the way we argue is to use natural laws and logic.

If you believe your life is a Star Trek episode, there is no harm in that. But you can't have a fair debate with someone when their side gets to make up their own set of laws, such as "anything is possible."

As I said before, maybe tiny people live in my salt shaker. I think I saw one. So you all must automatically believe me because anything is possible.

In the words of the entirely medicore Jim Rome, "Out!"
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 07-17-2009 at 03:32 PM.

If you are going to ignore the way energy and matter work and be willing to suspend natural laws so that anyhting is possible, well then, there is no arguing with you becuase the way we argue is to use natural laws and logic.
    This is always what I come back to also. If a believer is simply going to say "yaneverknow" to any point you make then there's really no discussing anything on a basis of reason, science, logic or even common sense. Frankly, most of the "proof" people come up with boils down to "yaneverknow" or some crappy picture.

And most of those crappy pictures turn out to be fakes or show absolutely nothing. A believer is going to see some brown leafs and conclude it's a paranormal being. A non-believer is going to see some brown leafs and correctly conclude they are brown leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    It was only later when I put the pictures on the computer that I noticed the images.
    But discovering the images later on is proof of one thing: that you didn't notice item earlier, not that it was a Rebel solider.

Unless you are trying to claim you memorized every last detail of your entire outing? Otherwise the image didn't magically appear, it was there all the while and you just missed it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Can ghosts go through drive-thu's and get a cheeseburger?
    Only after Midnight, before that they go to Steak and Shake and get a booth

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    But discovering the images later on is proof of one thing: that you didn't notice item earlier, not that it was a Rebel solider.

Unless you are trying to claim you memorized every last detail of your entire outing? Otherwise the image didn't magically appear, it was there all the while and you just missed it the first time.
    Not necessarily. Some of my pictures contain balls of light, referred to as orbs, which I didn't see with my naked eye. Some of the pictures have a few, some have many. Other pictures contain what paranormal researchers call ectoplasm trails, again which I didn't see with my naked eye. These pictures were taken in the cellar of what is referred to in Gettysburg as the Jennie Wade House, considered by those who consider such things to be the sixth most haunted place in the country. Many others, not just myself, have captured the same things on camera at that location. You can't see them just by looking, but they show up on film. Now, I didn't alter those pictures, and I don't believe that everyone else who has taken photography there altered theirs either, although there is a possibility that some did. I've also watched video taken at that house, and heard voice recordings from when the house was locked up after hours. I don't know what it is, but something unnatural happens there, and if it's unnatural, then it can't be bound by natural law.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

As I said before, maybe tiny people live in my salt shaker. I think I saw one. So you all must automatically believe me because anything is possible.
    At the very least there have been things spotted on thermal imaging camera's when its not visible to the naked eye. When your salt shaker theory comes up with something at the very least as close to that, we can start talking. Until then, you are just trying to suggest I am stupid in a slightly nicer way than coming out and saying it.

There are EMF theories out there that have detected something in an area where there shouldn't have been any abnormal EMF readings where 'something' was seen or heard.

There is then of course EVP work that has picked up voices on the other end that weren't there to the ear or even video camera when it originally happened, but can be heard on the tape.

I am sure there are also other things.

There is stuff out there that at least suggests something is going on that we may not know much about. To ignore it or brush it off isn't the same as me brushing off your 'salt shaker men'.

Sorry to break your heart, but the show Ghost Hunters is fake and staged.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Which is fine and all, but that doesn't mean much in terms of anything that I said in my last post.

BTW, where did you see that it was fake and staged? I would be interested in seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    If you claim is so, you would think they would come up with better faked and staged evidence.

There are some fake/fraud claims on the internet. To me, it's pretty obvious it is fake considering there is evidence found on basically every show.

Turn Off Ads?