Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

Re: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Normally either staged or some natural occurance that can be explained once analyzed.
    I don't need scientific proof that spirits exist, because I've witnessed enough. Most of it benign, but some of it actually quite frightening. I didn't really believe until I experienced, which happened to me at a young age and has continued throughout my life. I'm not the only one. Being knocked around by unseen forces, having marks on my body, seeing objects move across a room...I don't need a theorem or formula to tell me these things exist because I've witnessed them. If you ever do, you'll believe too, but I won't mock you now for not believing.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

If ghosts existed, by now there would at least be a shred of proof. But the "proof" now is the same as the "proof" has always been.

Grainy out of focus pictures, and word of mouth.

The difference with me is I WANT to believe. But approaching it scientifically, it just simply does not hold water.

But you'll never talk a "believer" out of what he/she thinks. Think how many people believe that a bearded white dude talks to them in their minds and has promised them all sorts of goodies after they die.

And why should you talk anyone out of it. "Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright."
    I have plenty of evidence, but I'm not just going to post it in a place like this so people with no experience or knowledge can just rip me apart. And the traditional notion of "ghosts" is completely off-base, apparitions are extremely rare and no one has managed to catch a full, clear one (close) during reputable investigations from reputable groups.

There's plenty of evidence out there - unfortunately you just have to sift through the garbage to get to the good stuff, and there's a LOT of garbage.

My experiences here and in all of the dozens of homes I've been to in the Cincy area alone have changed my life and my outlook on our reality, it's the most eye-opening, amazing thing you can imagine, that you don't have to read in a book. These are doctors, business owners, teachers, lawyers, little old ladies, nuns, people from all walks of life and occupations, there is no discrimination, and their experiences are very real and in some cases, quite frightening and hard on their family. Many move or leave their homes if it's tied to the property. Others feel better just having some validation and people help them understand how to deal with it.

I don't really recommend this show per se, but watch the season premiere of "Ghost Hunters International" tonight on Sci-Fi at 9pm, they run the hour long episodes from 7-midnight EST. They go to Europe and around the world investigating - it's unfortunate they're complete tools and never find much though - they just aren't very good at it. But maybe it'll help, the Ghost Hunters series is a good one to watch if you're new to this stuff, ecspecially if you're more of a skeptic like I once was, I don't not blame someone for being that way until they experience or see something - it takes more than one incident usually.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    So that possibly couldnt be car lights, or something below that little cliff that is there.
    Ever been to Gettysburg GIDP? That's no where near a road.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Ever been to Gettysburg GIDP? That's no where near a road.
    I havent been there but I can tell there is a hill, and its likely video'ed by someone looking for ghost or have some sort of money investment in the video.

This video was shot near the same area I was at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UovBlbzzwlE
    One of my favorites, residual figures disappearing into nothing and reappearing etc...,

Unfortunately taken by a bunch of kids who no one knows, with no credibility or reputation.

These aren't actual "ghosts," likely an imprint, how it works and why it happens is still something we can't answer yet.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I also managed to capture this image during the daylight while hiking Big Round Top. It resembles the image of a soldier. Don't know how to explain it. I know it wasn't a tree.
    Did you get any closer?

Hard to say what is in the tree

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I agree. I don't see squat.

Does anybody else have a Cry Baby Bridge where you live? You know - the story where a mother left her baby on a railroad bridge, and it died, and at night you can hear the baby crying. We seem to have several of them. :
    Yep, there's one about 3 or 4 miles from my childhood home in Indiana as well.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Being knocked around by unseen forces, having marks on my body, seeing objects move across a room...I don't need a theorem or formula to tell me these things exist because I've witnessed them. If you ever do, you'll believe too, but I won't mock you now for not believing.
    I don't think I've mocked you here have I?

If you're talking about the patterson film from 1967 they haven't to my knowledge actually admitted to a hoax.
    I wasn't referring to this one- I believe the man who made the one you are referring to died in 1972, though there's a pretty strong case it's a hoax.

The dude decides to film a bigfoot documentary and - oh my- finds a bigfoot, in broad daylight on the very first day of shooting.

Afterwards, he went to Vegas where he won billions of dollars in one pull of the slot machine.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 07-09-2009 at 12:56 AM.

I don't need scientific proof that spirits exist, because I've witnessed enough. Most of it benign, but some of it actually quite frightening. I didn't really believe until I experienced, which happened to me at a young age and has continued throughout my life. I'm not the only one. Being knocked around by unseen forces, having marks on my body, seeing objects move across a room...I don't need a theorem or formula to tell me these things exist because I've witnessed them. If you ever do, you'll believe too, but I won't mock you now for not believing.
    You know, upon further reflection, this is sort of a clever post: Let me tell you how all these rare and ghostly things happen to me- I mean, it's not a stretch to call this outrageous- and then I'm going to take the high road and dare you to make fun of me because I would never make fun of you for not believing what is a pretty large leap of faith.

Thomas Jefferson used to say what admitted to no reason deserved only ridicule.

Perhaps he was right.

I don't think I've mocked you here have I?
    Nope, not yet...

Cue next post...

You know, upon further reflection, this is sort of a clever post: Let me tell you how all these rare and ghostly things happen to me- I mean, it's not a stretch to call this outrageous- and then I'm going to take the high road and dare you to make fun of me because I would never make fun of you for not believing what is a pretty large leap of faith.

Thomas Jefferson used to say what admitted to no reason deserved only ridicule.

Perhaps he was right.
    We take a lot of things on a leap of faith. We take it on faith that the sun will come up tomorrow just because it did today. We take it on faith that our car will get us to where we're going because it always has. We take it on faith that when we go to bed at night, we'll wake up tomorrow morning. They're all large leaps of faith, and someday they won't happen. Doesn't mean we have to give up believing in them.

We take a lot of things on a leap of faith. We take it on faith that the sun will come up tomorrow just because it did today. We take it on faith that our car will get us to where we're going because it always has. We take it on faith that when we go to bed at night, we'll wake up tomorrow morning. They're all large leaps of faith, and someday they won't happen. Doesn't mean we have to give up believing in them.
    I hope you know the sun doesnt just come up.

We take it on faith that the sun will come up tomorrow just because it did today.
    This is observable science. And if the sun did not rise in the East, science would change its position on the subject.

We take it on faith that our car will get us to where we're going because it always has.
    Again, this is observable, repeated behavior. Science.

We take it on faith that when we go to bed at night, we'll wake up tomorrow morning.
    Third scientific observation.

To take these everyday occurences and compare them to beings from another dimension crossing into our world and physically moving objects is quite a leap indeed.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    My favorite haunted spot is the road in Oxford near Miami University where you can pull over, blink 3 times, and then a dead motorcyclist will start driving toward you. Supposedly a long time ago a cyclist hit a little boy on a bike while on a night time trip to see his girlfriend whose parents forbid them to date, perfect haunted love story, ehh? You see the headlight, then the reflectors of the little boy's bike.

It actually DOES work, but I'm convinced that it's just a car coming down a distant hill, bright lights on, which from a distance appear as one headlight... and then I'm guessing it makes a turn, where the breaklights become "reflectors". (I have noticed once or twice the headlight seems to become two headlights the closer it gets, leading to my car theory). But, as I said, it DOES work and makes for a fun night, especially when you're bored.

I've been to that spot. It looks like just a reflection or shadow to me. There is some sort of optical illusion thing going on in that spot though. I know a guy who claims the guy on the motorcycle chased him when he walked down by the bridge, but I'm quite dubious about that, I wasn't there that time, and the only time we ever went down there was when we were drinking. I haven't been there since I was in high school, and I'm not even sure I can remember where exactly it is, as I was new to the area at the time, and I never drove there, just rode with other people.

Turn Off Ads?