Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

Re: Ghost in the grove at Gettysburg?

I've seen ghosts, but I don't believe in them, so it's okay.

I've been surprisingly unlucky in that regard in my trips to Gettysburg, though, and I even took a ghost tour. Nice stories, but no ghosts. I did, however, once have an experience in a hotel that I thought was weird and I couldn't find an explanation for. I didn't consider it to be a ghost, but the next day I picked up one of the "Gettysburg Ghosts" books and found a story identical to what I experienced--accompanied by a picture of the hotel where I stayed!

I will say that Gettysburg always gives me a creepy, step-into-the-past feeling. Knowing what happened there, it's bound to. It feels like more, but those are just feelings....
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I don't do that at all. My first goal is to try as hard as possible to find a natural explanation for everything. If none exists, then I consider other possibilities. I've debunked way more potential hauntings than actual paranormal experiences I've encountered. A lot more.
    You try as hard as possible to find a natural explanation? I might be mistaken but didn't you create this thread? I dont want to sound insulting but you are pretty much lying to yourself if you honestly believe that. You seem to jump pretty quick that something is paranormal. I think your judgment is a little skewed just considering the couple pictures and post you have made in this thread.

I'm not saying I dont think ghost and things might be possible but I certainly see how far down the list of possibilities it possibly is. You even say it yourself that you debunked a lot of actual paranormal experiences, im guessing the ones you havent you believe to be real? Is there just a chance you really want to believe more than you really want to admit?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    At the same time I think that door swings both ways (in the sense of believing or not believing, not so much a crack or pop is a ghost.... thats just dumb and no one over the age of 10 believes that). Those who don't want to believe simply won't, you know, until they experience something. I don't 'ghost hunt', to be honest, I would be way to scared to do it. I do believe though, in something paranormal. My best friend in turn used to give me so much grief for it all the time. He was very much an atheist until he got to Arizona where he experienced things that shook his world in a house he was staying at.
    I dont think its probable because the people that tend to believe just make these giant leaps. Some people dont want explainations, they much rather would believe that there is a ghost or something instead of the million of million of other options.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I've seen ghosts, but I don't believe in them, so it's okay.

I've been surprisingly unlucky in that regard in my trips to Gettysburg, though, and I even took a ghost tour. Nice stories, but no ghosts. I did, however, once have an experience in a hotel that I thought was weird and I couldn't find an explanation for. I didn't consider it to be a ghost, but the next day I picked up one of the "Gettysburg Ghosts" books and found a story identical to what I experienced--accompanied by a picture of the hotel where I stayed!

I will say that Gettysburg always gives me a creepy, step-into-the-past feeling. Knowing what happened there, it's bound to. It feels like more, but those are just feelings....
    I guess you just have to really want these types of things to be ghost or what ever. Maybe I'm just lucky and have never had anything even remotely paranormal happen to me or anyone I know other than some doped out uncle of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You try as hard as possible to find a natural explanation? I might be mistaken but didn't you create this thread? I dont want to sound insulting but you are pretty much lying to yourself if you honestly believe that. You seem to jump pretty quick that something is paranormal. I think your judgment is a little skewed just considering the couple pictures and post you have made in this thread.

I'm not saying I dont think ghost and things might be possible but I certainly see how far down the list of possibilities it possibly is. You even say it yourself that you debunked a lot of actual paranormal experiences, im guessing the ones you havent you believe to be real? Is there just a chance you really want to believe more than you really want to admit?
    Did I say anywhere definitively that the photos showed ghosts? No, I put a question mark at the end of the thread title. I am not an expert in spirit photography. I've sent the pictures out to people who are. I'm not jumping at anything, I'm not claiming I know what is in the pictures.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I dont think its probable because the people that tend to believe just make these giant leaps. Some people dont want explainations, they much rather would believe that there is a ghost or something instead of the million of million of other options.
    Just like anything else, people that want to believe are going to do so and people who don't want to aren't. Both sides have their crazies and both sides have the more normal crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Did I say anywhere definitively that the photos showed ghosts? No, I put a question mark at the end of the thread title. I am not an expert in spirit photography. I've sent the pictures out to people who are. I'm not jumping at anything, I'm not claiming I know what is in the pictures.
    You are certainly trying to imply its ghost.

Just like anything else, people that want to believe are going to do so and people who don't want to aren't. Both sides have their crazies and both sides have the more normal crowd.
    What would you consider a crazy then for people who don't believe in the ghost.

I certainly feel that the possibility of ghost is almost non existent does that make me a crazy?

I dont know where the moderate crowd would lay in the world of do you believe in ghost. It seems like such a small number of people ever supposedly experience ghost as it is. I'd be willing to bet the people that do believe are a lot more illogical in their reasoning than people who dont.

BTW please dont take anything I'm saying to be insulting. I dont really want to come off that way but I guess its kind of hard not to considering the topic.

What would you consider a crazy then for people who don't believe in the ghost.
    Those who have been in circumstances where all evidence points to something unnatural yet simply refuse the idea that its possible that there is a chance it was something paranormal.

Those who have been in circumstances where all evidence points to something unnatural yet simply refuse the idea that its possible that there is a chance it was something paranormal.
    Like what type of evidence? I dont think anyone has ever shown me a single proof of evidence other than these "this happened to me" stories, and I certainly have never experienced anything remotely paranormal. It seems like peoples evidence is completely based on having a lack of evidence.

Like what type of evidence? I dont think anyone has ever shown me a single proof of evidence other than these "this happened to me" stories, and I certainly have never experienced anything remotely paranormal. It seems like peoples evidence is completely based on having a lack of evidence.
    Personal experience evidence. Video/pictures can be manipulated quite easily these days. I fully understand people not believing if they have never experienced anything. I will say this, I hope that you never have to experience anything. Its not the best thing in the world and I really hope I never have to again.

So in other words you only will believe if you have it happen to you. Maybe I have and I just didnt see what someone else would see.

What is your story? Not to sound like a jerk but it seems all these stories are just so flaky.

So in other words you only will believe if you have it happen to you. Maybe I have and I just didnt see what someone else would see.

What is your story? Not to sound like a jerk but it seems all these stories are just so flaky.
    I won't exactly not believe someone else's story, but I certainly prefer to know that person before giving them credit on whether I believe them or not.

As for my story, I am not going into it other than I was physically moved in a room where I was the only person in there. It was enough for me to believe.

I have only known two other people in my life to experience something, at least to the point where they told me about it. So its certainly not a thing that everyone has an experience with.

I've never heard one story that I believed but maybe that just because I haven't experienced anything. I will say this any type of evidence presented to me always seems completely lacking of details or just silly. I don't want to say I don't believe you guys, but I don't believe you guys.

Turn Off Ads?