Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2009 All Star Game thread

Re: All Star Game thread?

Funny how "great baseball town" teams also seem to be in 1st place every year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Even if they win this game....it will still be NL 40 AL 38...which shows how dominant the NL was all during the 60's 70's and almost the whole 80's.

Tired of this AL domination....as i read the AL boards....they think it's the greatest domination ever in AS game history.

Does anyone even look at any baseball history on those boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Even if they win this game....it will still be NL 40 AL 38...which shows how dominant the NL was all during the 60's 70's and almost the whole 80's.

Tired of this AL domination....as i read the AL boards....they think it's the greatest domination ever in AS game history.

Does anyone even look at any baseball history on those boards.
    Hard to argue that the AL is clearly the better league now, and over the past decade.

Agree that they are....although at least 3 of the last 5 games could and at least 1 if not 2 of them should have been NL wins. If only COULD counted.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Wait a minute, Ryan Franklin made the All Star team? Ryan Freaking Franklin?
    Isn't he the best pitcher in baseball though?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Isn't he the best pitcher in baseball though?
    Didn't Franklin get caught doing steriods a couple of years ago or am I think of something or someone else? Anyway it just shows you what a great pitching coach Dave Duncan is. I think he could take about anyone and make them into a decent pitcher.

I didn't know the Hooters pagent was on or I would have tuned to that. Oh well.......I went to bed after the 2nd inning anyway.

These all star streaks are just cyclable. The NL won something like 19 out of 20 when I was younger. Now the AL is on that type of streak. Probably before I die it will cycle back to the NL. The AL has had the better players for quite some time. But I see evening out more now than just a few years ago.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 07-15-2009 at 07:48 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Don't know if anyone listens to The BS Report podcast with Bill Simmons, but on a recent show they threw out the idea that instead of the All-Star Game determining homefield for the WS, give it to the league that wins the most interleague games. I thought it was an interesting idea, if you are determined to award homefield on something other than best record. It sure would make the interleague games more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Nice job Bud, the AL is poised to win another All-Star Game and gain home-field advantage yet again.

Will Bud ever admit a mistake?
    You know I've never liked the idea, but its hard to argue that it hasn't gained the results the commssioner wanted.

There's no doubt that the game has a little more intensity(especially to the managers.) And they're guaranteeing that managers aren't going to run out of players.

Turn Off Ads?