Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/30/09 - Reds vs Padres

Re: 7/30/09 - Reds vs Padres

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    It was a GABP home run. Any other park it stays in.

A lot of pitchers would look a lot worse if their defense constantly let them down.

Cueto has been baaaad lately but he doesn't deserve those earned runs.

Harang has also been bad and the defense behind him also let him down yesterday and nobody really said anything about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    If Dusty "snapped" yesterday, what's the word for what he's going to do today?
    Perhaps Jocketty should have the 'Dusty' conversation with Dusty today.

Then, BCast can have it w/ Jocketty tomorrow.

Then, the fans can have it w/ BCast on Saturday.

We'll have this ship turned around by Monday.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Harang has also been bad and the defense behind him also let him down yesterday and nobody really said anything about it.
    Ummmm.... ok? Harang has also been beaten senseless for the last 2 years.

I'm in Hawaii next week. I really really hope there is no internet access where I'm staying. I really need to turn away from the carnage of this trainwreck for awhile, I just can't pull myself to do it with easy access of the net.

Serenity now.

Ummmm.... ok? Harang has also been beaten senseless for the last 2 years.
    Cueto looks to be on the same path except he leads the team in meltdowns on the mound.

By the way....after %*#&$-slapping the Reds in this series...it would be great for Bud Black to come out and say...

"“They’re not a good club,” “We're beating them like this. What does that make us?”

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    By the way....after %*#&$-slapping the Reds in this series...it would be great for Bud Black to come out and say...

"“They’re not a good club,” “We're beating them like this. What does that make us?”

That would certainly be a big slap in the face to the Reds.

Last night, I was driving home in a thunderstorm and trying to listen on Marty on 700WLW through the static. Anyway, I think it was the top of the 9th (it was after Roenicke) and Marty and the other guy were talking about the Reds pitcher having a live arm and it just being a matter of time before he got his control straightened out. He said he had never been wild in the minors and should just trust his stuff.

I checked today and saw it was Fisher listed as pitching the 9th. Is Fisher's stuff that good? Is he a guy the Reds should be counting on to be a bulpen mainstay for a few years? Is Marty on drugs?
    Win some, lose some, some get rained out.

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed View Post
    Last night, I was driving home in a thunderstorm and trying to listen on Marty on 700WLW through the static. Anyway, I think it was the top of the 9th (it was after Roenicke) and Marty and the other guy were talking about the Reds pitcher having a live arm and it just being a matter of time before he got his control straightened out. He said he had never been wild in the minors and should just trust his stuff.

I checked today and saw it was Fisher listed as pitching the 9th. Is Fisher's stuff that good? Is he a guy the Reds should be counting on to be a bulpen mainstay for a few years? Is Marty on drugs?

Fisher has a good fastball and slider but he keeps getting himself in trouble by walking hitters and thats what he did again today.

The Reds lineup just went Nix, Tatum, Sutton, Jairston, and Janish.

Just read that sentence.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

The Reds lineup just went Nix, Tatum, Sutton, Jairston, and Janish.

Just read that sentence.
    They just need to play more, that group will turn it around for us just watch

Have the Reds pitching been able to get the '27 Yanks-ish Pads out in order yet today?

Reds should be only 3.5 out after today....of the 2nd worst record in baseball.
    Who's projected as top 5 picks for next year?

For those listening or not listening on the radio, Thom just invited all listeners to email the Reds booth if they had a boat that the Cowboy could borrow this weekend. So I emailed the following:

"Mr. Walt Jocketty has a boat for you! It's called the Titanic. However, he plans on shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sinks."

He then said on the air, I have a great email that unfortunately I can not read it on the air. So I emailed again and asked if it was my email that he couldn't read on the air, and he confirmed that it was.

Nice to know that Thom is as fed up with this crap as we are.

For those listening or not listening on the radio, Thom just invited all listeners to email the Reds booth if they had a boat that the Cowboy could borrow this weekend. So I emailed the following:

"Mr. Walt Jocketty has a boat for you! It's called the Titanic. However, he plans on shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sinks."

He then said on the air, I have a great email that unfortunately I can not read it on the air. So I emailed again and asked if it was my email that he couldn't read on the air, and he confirmed that it was.

Nice to know that Thom is as fed up with this crap as we are.
    Hahahahahahaha wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?