Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 8/2/09 Reds vs Rox

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: 8/2/09 Reds vs Rox

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I sure hope not but I wouldn't put it past them to re-sign AGon.
    I hope that you're right, Ron.
    sorry we're boring

2. Turn Off Ads?

Someone should start a poll asking if the Reds should pick up AGons option.

I'd bet the No's would win by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Update on Rolen from the cincinnati.com Reds blog:
    You could tell that Marquis was visibly upset on the mound after the beaning. It was just a pitch that got away, that's all.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Someone should start a poll asking if the Reds should pick up AGons option.

I'd bet the No's would win by a landslide.
    True. But what are our options? We don't have anyone viably ready in the farm system, and the SS FA list after this season is either filled with guys like AGon (30+ with declining skills and no better bat) or younger guys (like the Card's Greene) who are pretty erratic and inconsistent.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

[QUOTE=GAC;1940430]True. But what are our options? /QUOTE]

I think a 25 man roster minus Alex Gonzales is a fine option at this point.

Got back from the game a little while ago. Only my second time at the GAB, and the first time since 2003.

We had a great time. Bought a Votto and a Bench t-shirts and a new away cap. Bought our tix on Stubb Hub, right field seats, right next to the steamboat area. Didn't realize how great those RF seats are. Couple of game notes:
    1. Alex Gonzalez has the range of a turtle at this point, and hits like my mom. Needs to be released.
    2. Rolen getting hit in the head was scary from where I was sitting. My wife started swearing at Marquis (and had people looking at her like she was crazy), but he looked freaked out. Nix's HR was a bomb.

Had no idea it was Faith Day at the park and that we got to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert after the game, which was fun.

Pretty great day all around. Except for the loss of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Got back from the game a little while ago. Only my second time at the GAB, and the first time since 2003.

We had a great time. Bought a Votto and a Bench t-shirts and a new away cap. Bought our tix on Stubb Hub, right field seats, right next to the steamboat area. Didn't realize how great those RF seats are. Couple of game notes:
    1. Alex Gonzalez has the range of a turtle at this point, and hits like my mom. Needs to be released.
    2. Rolen getting hit in the head was scary from where I was sitting. My wife started swearing at Marquis (and had people looking at her like she was crazy), but he looked freaked out. Nix's HR was a bomb.

Had no idea it was Faith Day at the park and that we got to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert after the game, which was fun.

Glad you guys had fun, sweet recap. Votto and Bench, two of my favorite Reds. Nothing like having your wife let the expletives fly on faith day, well done.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

I was there too and I also bought my tickets from Stub Hub. It's the first time I've ever used them for tickets and I may never buy from ticketmaster again! We were in the seating area right behind the Reds dugout (first section to the right of the diamond seat area) and we had a great view of the game. We were also in the shade by about the third inning so it was VERY nice not having to worry about sunblock for most of the afternoon. I also got some really nice pictures of the game and I can tell you that from our angle, it appears that the ump totally missed that out call at 1B. It wasn't very far from us and everyone in my section starting screaming when he was ruled safe. Joey looked minorly peeved that he had just turned himself into a pretzel to catch Gonzo's throw and the guy wasn't even called out. IMO, that guy was out and the ump needs glasses. :thumbdown Anyway, Rolen getting hit by that pitch was scary (especially from how close we were to home plate since we could hear the ball hit his helmet) but I'm glad he walked off on his own and seems to be okay. You could tell Marquis was upset after it happened too so I'm sure that was an accident. It was great seeing Joey and Laynce both hit HRs in clutch situations to tie the game but it's a shame that they couldn't crank out one more run to get a win today. The concert was great and I thought it was great to hear from Micah, the guy from Channel 12, and the Reds chaplain about their faith too. It was a really nice afternoon at the ballpark and the only thing that could have made it better was the Reds pulling out a win. *sigh*
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?