Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Well, it's looking doubtful for me. I just booked a load to San Francisco, so being back in Cincinnati by the weekend is out of the question.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    How did we get the tickets two years ago? Did Creek buy them ahead of time?
    Yeah and I lost about $100 bucks.

I would love to attend, especially to see RFS, but I'm pretty sick and can't make it.

Hope you all have a great time.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    For both Friday and Saturday's game we're going to meet up at Gameday prior. On Friday we'll probaly try to be at Gameday around 5. For Saturday, since it's a 4:10 game, probably around 2.

I've already talked with RedsBaron for Sat's game. He has my cellphone #, so we'll hook up with him and family somewhere outside the stadium prior to start of the game to get the tickets.

The rest of you, I think, have my cellphone #, other then nate, Roy, and Cyclone. But I will remedy that via PMs.

Actually, GAC and I have talked and since there isn't going to be that many folks coming on Friday, we have changed the pre-game shindig to Rock Bottom on Fountain Square.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Are you guys still meeting at Gameday before Saturday's game? I might try to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    Are you guys still meeting at Gameday before Saturday's game? I might try to stop by.

That's the plan. Make sure you do if you can.

Update: Surprisingly, GAC found the airport and the Dynamic Duo have checked in to the hotel. They are downtown having lunch now.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Day 1: While GAC did manage to pick up RFS at the airport, unfortunately he managed to park a little farther away than RFS would have liked - like Newport.

When the Dynamic Duo finally made it to downtown they checked into the hotel and had lunch at Rock Bottom. When I got there, they decided to go to the In-Between. I told Mr. Directions to meet me at Fountain Square and we'd walk over together. A half hour later I got a call from GAC wondering where I was at. Apparently - much like Roger Clemens - he misremembered that they were going to meet me at Fountain Square.

After we finally got there I finally met RFS. He's a real good guy but in order for him to hear you, you have to speak loudly into his ear trumpet. Cyclone picked us up there and we went back to Rock Bottom to grab a bite. While we were there, Redhawkfish, Vatican Plum and BuckeyeRedleg joined us on the patio.

You all know about the game. RFS loved GABP and compared it quite favorably to Union Grounds where the Red Stockings played back in the 1860s. Some tense moments in the 9th but it all worked out. If you come over today, be sure to ask GAC where the Reds' bullpen is at.

Afterwards, after we declined to go to Cadillac Ranch because of the $5 cover and the no hat policy, we went to Arnold's to listen to a bluegrass band and GAC stared at girls again. Fortunately for GAC, he didn't get busted this time.

So, we will be at Gameday on Pete Rose Way this afternoon around 2 for a pregame get-together. Even if you can't make it to the game or aren't sitting with us, c'mon over and have an adult beverage or two. We will also be there after the game is over.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

And in honor of GAC and his true trivia nugget that both RFS and I didn't believe:
    Last edited by Chip R; 08-29-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And in honor of GAC and his true trivia nugget that both RFS and I didn't believe:
    So that's what GAC was talking about after the game (before getting "busted" for jaywalking!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Got a drunk phone call from RF, talked about letting all the animals at the zoo go free.

Don't really want to know.

I think I heard Chip in the background screaming something about "not taking him alive".

My sons Jason and Kevin and I attended yeaterday's game with RFS, GAC, Chip and Roy Tucker. I'm just waiting to see the photos which Chip took. Great time.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

62 let Chip take pictures of him????

Sorry I missed all the shenanigans. I would LOVE to meet 62 someday. Just not in the cards this summer.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    62 let Chip take pictures of him????
    Yep, but as I left I believe that GAC was taking a photo of RFS choking Chip though.

I haven't had time to download all the pictures yet but here's a sneak peek at one with GAC and myself talking last night

I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Chip or GAC can explain.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    My sons Jason and Kevin and I attended yeaterday's game with RFS, GAC, Chip and Roy Tucker. I'm just waiting to see the photos which Chip took. Great time.
    Yep, enjoyed it tremendously. Great evening, great company, but I can't say the same about the ballgame. However, there is never a bad day at the ballpark.

I encourage all of you RZ'ers to give it a try next time. We don't bite. At least not hard. :

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?