Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.25.09 Reds at Brewers

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 8.25.09 Reds at Brewers

Wow, I don't remember Corky being here in 2004. I guess I wasn't paying as much attention to the players back then.

mth123-I think it's just you and me tonight. Maybe we can follow these guys all the way to a win tonight!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Corky singles again and the Reds get another run!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Corky with another RBI. 4-1.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Arroyo Sac. Miller to 2B.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The Corkscrew. Hell yeah.

What did Grande say, Corky's been hit 175 times? And he wears no elbow pads, no nothing. Love it.

Haunted by walks

I'm watching the game on an iPhone and the picture is amazing, but it's about one batter behind.

Stubbs flies to Cameron. Inning over. 4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    mth123-I think it's just you and me tonight. Maybe we can follow these guys all the way to a win tonight!
    Nah, there's 29 of us according to the bottom of the page. Just being quiet tonight. You guys are doing fine.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Heather gets my vote for biggest/best superfan on RZ.

You would think we were fighting for the division with the excitement she brings to the gamethreads. And I mean that in a good way.

Wow, there's 29 people following along and we're the only two talking?! Come on guys....there has to be SOMETHING you can say in the thread tonight! :

Aww, thanks WMR! I know the season is lost, half the team is on the DL, and who knows how many games we're going to win the rest of the year, but I love this game, I love this team, and I feel like the guys are doing the best they can with what they've got. I feel like the LEAST I can do is support and cheer for them right now. I guess I just can't be a negative nilly here which probably makes me a RZ outcast, LOL
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 08-25-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Janish with a nice play.

Counsell grounds to Janish. 3 outs.

Janish has done some impressive stuff tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Wow, there's 29 people following along and we're the only two talking?! Come on guys....there has to be SOMETHING you can say in the thread tonight! :

Aww, thanks WMR! I know the season is lost, half the team is on the DL, and who knows how many games we're going to win the rest of the year, but I love this game, I love this team, and I feel like the guys are doing the best they can with what they've got. I feel like the LEAST I can do is support and cheer for them right now. I guess I just can't be a negative nilly here which probably makes me a RZ outcast, LOL
    Your optimism is a very nice thing to read. As a fellow fan, it serves as a nice pick me up even if I have difficulty feeling very positive about the franchise myself.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Your optimism is a very nice thing to read. As a fellow fan, it serves as a nice pick me up even if I have difficulty feeling very positive about the franchise myself.
    My optimism is why I haven't posted much lately. I feel like I'll get attacked or something here if I try to say anything good about the team. Contrary to popular belief, I still think there are some good things about this current team and also some good things to look forward to next year. I know it's been a tough year but it has to be tough on the guys too so they need at least a few fans to help lift their spirits.

Janish has been very impressive tonight overall. He's made a few nice plays, he's hitting pretty well for the most part, and that near grand slam just about made my night! Wow, he got all of that one!

*smacks Joey for swinging at the first pitch and making an out again*

Turn Off Ads?