Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 8.25.09 Reds at Brewers

Re: 8.25.09 Reds at Brewers

I am glad that Todd said something as well.....even if it did rub people the wrong way. I mean....obviously something is wrong here and if it takes a little name calling and feather ruffling to change it.....then have at it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And forgive me...I loved Todd Coffey getting rocked. I'm sorry. I can't help it.
    He's not a 3-inning reliever and it took the Reds that long to start hitting off of him. After the 9th inning meltdown, I said out loud that they didn't deserve to win. I was happy with and surprised by the win, but far from impressed by it.

For once, it was the opposing manager who paid the price for using too much of his bullpen too soon.

I saw Coffey get taken deep by Willie Harris of the Nats the other night. Looked like the Coffey of last year; fastball straight in the zone. I like the guy, wish him well when he's not pitching against us, and he's had a good season, but I still think his half-life is going to be short.
    Oh, and Heather, sorry you missed the end of the game. Never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post

I really don't blame ex-Reds for talking about how obviously bad the coaching and development system is here. Especially when the player goes elsewhere and finds success.
    That's a very good point. Burton or some of the others might go to another team and pitch very well like Coffey has.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    That's a very good point. Burton or some of the others might go to another team and pitch very well like Coffey has.
    Should be noted that relievers on all clubs are notoriously up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    This post rubs me the wrong way.

I really don't blame ex-Reds for talking about how obviously bad the coaching and development system is here. Especially when the player goes elsewhere and finds success.
    He pitched like hot garbage and decided to point the finger at somebody other than himself. If he wouldn't have sucked, the Reds wouldn't have cut him loose. You're having success somewhere else, cool. Nobody really cares what you have to say now.

And I'm not sure how me wanting NL Central pitchers to give up runs would rub anybody the wrong way to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Should be noted that relievers on all clubs are notoriously up and down.
    Ding, and it's not like Burton was highly valued in Oakland.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He pitched like hot garbage
    I think he had more good appearances here than bad.

and decided to point the finger at somebody other than himself.
    So my point that the Reds can't coach or develop is wrong and borne out by their tremendous success developing multiple, successful players?

If he wouldn't have sucked, the Reds wouldn't have cut him loose. You're having success somewhere else, cool. Nobody really cares what you have to say now.
    You seem to.

And I'm not sure how me wanting NL Central pitchers to give up runs would rub anybody the wrong way to be honest.
    I take offense at hoping someone is "out of baseball" just because they call out a former team that has a track record of developmental and coaching failures.

It's lame.

Turn Off Ads?