Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

Re: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    They said during either pregame or right before the game started that he hit that speed when he pitched in Pittsburgh so it could be right. I'll be happy if the guy can get through about four or five innings tonight somehow. After the win last night, I'm pretty indifferent about the game tonight. Well, that or I'm just still too wiped out from not sleeping well last night thanks to my adrenaline running a 100 miles an hour after that ninth inning mess.
    Can't ever be indifferent. Got to want to win 162 times a year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Corky pops up to end the inning and life goes on.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

You don't run on Corky!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Can't ever be indifferent. Got to want to win 162 times a year.
    I'd be more enthusiastic with more than about four hours of sleep, LOL

Nice throw by Corky!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I have a feeling before this night is over somebody is going to get tossed. Strike Zone is a bit all over the place.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nice play #2 from Janish. Without a rifle arm, you don't make that play.

Strange that Dusty continues to bat Stubbs and Janish 1-2--the two worst OBP guys on the field. Drives me nuts.

Wells getting squeezed tonight.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Wow, don't say that AFLAC question too fast or you might say a few other words, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Wasn't that the same exact pitch that was just called a strike at 3-1 that was suddenly ball four?! I see what you mean about the strike zone being a little crazy tonight. I've been switching back and forth between a few things tonight while I try to get some things done at home.

Haunted by walks

I wonder if Dusty, after writing in Corky, was tempted to write in Pokey, Gookie and Noochie.

Wow, that was lower than the one he called a ball against Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I have a feeling before this night is over somebody is going to get tossed. Strike Zone is a bit all over the place.
    Are you questioning me on balls and strikes?!? You arguing with me? You think it is easy to pick out whether a ball is over the corner at 95 mph??? If it sounds good it is a strike! If I say it is a strike, it is a strike! So go sit down! What was that? KoryMac5 you are out of here!!

hey stop kicking dirt on the plate!
    Hey stop kicking dirt on me! go back to the plate!
    Did you miss it when I rang you?
    go in the clubhouse, watch ESPN or House Hunters on HGTV! You are gone!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Wow, that was lower than the one he called a ball against Joey.
    Hey you wanna join Kory in the clubhouse? How many posters you got in that dugout? You want HomerBailey to bein LF by the time we are done?

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Balentien sends one to the center-field fence, but it's caught.

Reds 1, Brewers 0 after 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Hey you wanna join Kory in the clubhouse? How many posters you got in that dugout? You want HomerBailey to bein LF by the time we are done?
    Have you been drinking tonight?

*runs off to sit next to Joey so he can protect her*

Turn Off Ads?