Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

Re: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Have you been drinking tonight?
    No drinking tonight. (or at least not until extra innings.) Go to save it all up for September. That last month of the season will be long.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    There were a lot of options there. Throwing a meatball down broadway on the 1st pitch wasn't the right one to choose.
    Not that I'll lose any sleep over it, but Dusty hanging with a starter just so they can qualify for an individual stat kills me. He does it all the time it seems and in a bizarro world could cost the team a playoff chance.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    There were a lot of options there. Throwing a meatball down broadway on the 1st pitch wasn't the right one to choose.
    That's where he should try to throw it. What are the chances he'd hit that spot?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wow, I just saw the highlights of the problems with this umpiring crew from the Colorado-SF series and it wasn't all that pretty. It all happened after the game ended too!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Yea, wouldn't it be great if managers actually thought about what the right move was instead of pulling up the preprogrammed garbage that has been put in their brain since they started to pay attention to how the game worked. Not just in this case, but why managers stick with a fill-in who has at least gotten them that far in the game to face the other team's best hitter is just a non-thinking, "that's the way it has always been done." I betcha LaRussa brings in his reliever there, even if it was Burton.

Got to remember he used practically the whole bullpen last night. It's early in the game. I'm not sure the decision to keep Wells in was based strictly on getting him qualified for the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Got to remember he used practically the whole bullpen last night. It's early in the game. I'm not sure the decision to keep Wells in was based strictly on getting him qualified for the decision.
    Burton was already up and ready, is now in the game. He only faced about 5 batters last night. I don't see that as a good enough reason in the 5th, just so much managing inside the box, not that I expect anything more from Dusty, or any other MLB manager other than gutsy ones like LaRussa.

Did Stubbs try to bunt?

Ouch!! That may leave a mark. *beats up the pitcher for hitting Joey with that pitch*
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2 hbp by Weathers. Is he trying to even some old scores?

Oops only 1 by weathers

Stubbs may be playing himself out of CF consideration for 2010. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Stubbs may be playing himself out of CF consideration for 2010. Yuck.
    It's only one game and he's only had a handful of games played since he got here. Give the kid a break before you throw him back to AAA.

Want to save big money next year on a closer? I think we've got the answer in house.

Just didn't see too many plays like that out of EE.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I always love it when the opponents imitate the Reds for an inning.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?