Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/28/09 Reds vs Dodgers

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 8/28/09 Reds vs Dodgers

Man, Janish gave that one a ride!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    sorry Sutton knocks in Corky
    No, that was Stubbs. Sutton is on the bench.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Stubbs steals second

ugh...sorry...I cant keep my Drews straight

JOEY!!!!!!!!! Reds up 3-0!!

That's okay. Don't worry too much about it!

Not liking Joey with no hair but if he keeps hitting like that he can be bald, LMAO

Votto with a ribbie....

sorry O Dog...no catch

That poor lady got a beer dumped on her during that play! Whoops, LOL

BEER HERE

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Homer has looked great and how about the timely hitting so far?! Reds up 2-0. I wish I had gone to the game but I'm happy there's a few others here in the game thread tonight!
    24 runs scored over the last 4 games resulting in 4 straight wins and now 3 runs tonight through the first 3 innings. Who expected this from these lineups? Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    24 runs scored over the last 4 games resulting in 4 straight wins and now 3 runs tonight through the first 3 innings. Who expected this from these lineups? Not me.
    I look at it like this:

I didn't think they were as bad as they were playing for a while. Nor do I think they're quite as good as they're playing now.

I do, believe it or not, like the lineup with Nix or Balentien, Gomes, Stubbs, and then an infield of Votto, Phillips, Janish, Rolen and (preferably) Hanigan. It's not a team that will pound pitchers into submission, but I think there's a little bit of upside there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    No kidding! Not that long ago this team couldn't hit it's way out of a wet paper bag and now they're finding ways to get things done. We lose those two extra inning games even just two weeks ago but they pulled off wins earlier this week. I'm not calling them champions of the world or anything yet but it's nice to see the fire and the hits coming from them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I look at it like this:

I didn't think they were as bad as they were playing for a while. Nor do I think they're quite as good as they're playing now.

I do, believe it or not, like the lineup with Nix or Balentien, Gomes, Stubbs, and then an infield of Votto, Phillips, Janish, Rolen and (preferably) Hanigan. It's not a team that will pound pitchers into submission, but I think there's a little bit of upside there.
    I agree. This team is different just with Rolen in there but with the other guys coming around, it helps even more and it's been fun to watch this week.

Wow, the crowd is really giving it to Manny tonight. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I look at it like this:

Yeah, I don't think this lineup would be expected to score that many (on a regular basis) either but they've been productive. Another thing I like is, other than Rolen & Phillips, this is a very cheap lineup.

Turn Off Ads?