Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/28/09 Reds vs Dodgers

Re: 8/28/09 Reds vs Dodgers

And we have a Ryan Freel sighting. Just signed to a minor league deal with the Rangers. Freel is joining his fifth organization in the last ten months. I wonder what the record is? lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

It will be good to see Masset get a taste of the 9th.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Hey, don't knock that...dude nearly had one in Milwaukee!
    I wasn't knocking him. He's shown some solid pop lately. Those doubles he had in Milw. were rocket-shots.

Better pitch selection there by Drew. Very good to see. I want this guy to patrol CF and make WT....Obsolete!

Well that was quick. lol

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Ugh, I hate when announcers start talking about the one healthy thing we have left on our DLed team. I fully expect one of our bullpen guys to spontaneously combust now that they've said all that.

Or the Dodgers get a run in the 9th. Announcers jinx!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

One out, one in, Coco coming in for the cheap save.

Dusty really wants to finally beat L.A. tonight. Hope Coco has it.

I don't like the idea of bringing Cordero in after he pitched every game in Milwaukee....

I wasn't knocking him. He's shown some solid pop lately. Those doubles he had in Milw. were rocket-shots.
    I totally agree. I about fell out of my chair over that near GS the other night, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Dusty going to CoCo, I think I would have stayed with Masset see how he handles himself in a save situation.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Coco coming in.

4 days straight. Earn that paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I don't like the idea of bringing Cordero in after he pitched every game in Milwaukee....

I totally agree. I about fell out of my chair over that near GS the other night, LOL
    I don't mind this move. Massett just doesn't look as comfortable in the ninth. Reds need to beat this Dodger team finally.

Everyone squawks about the twelve million, at least Dusty is making Coco earn it. Or some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Dusty going to CoCo, I think I would have stayed with Masset see how he handles himself in a save situation.
    Agreed. I would've given him at least 1-2 more batters. With a 3 run lead I'd like Masset to show that he can't do it.

Ridiculous. Let Masset deal with it. Dusty is just being a slave to the save stat. They can't kill it quickly enough.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Janish with a fabulous play. What a play.

Nice play by Janish there. ONE MORE.

Turn Off Ads?