Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I really liked it, I only wish that it maintained the spaghetti western feel through out the entire movie.
    Just bought and watched My Name is Nobody, starring Henry Fonda and Terence Hill. Hadn't seen it in years. I love spaghetti westerns, especially the Trinity movies.

Couldn't find the English version, but you don't need a translator to see that NOBODY is faster at the draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHlhqOJHq6Q
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just watched I love you, man.

It was dece.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Dogville.

Lars Von Trier can do no wrong.

Went and saw Final Destination 4 Saturday night and the movie was laughable. The acting was absolutely horrible.
    Last edited by BearcatShane; 09-07-2009 at 02:09 AM.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Watched Gamer tonight. Eh, not a fan.

They call me "chef"

I saw Mike Judge's Extract. I really liked it. The scenarios were pretty wacky but the performances were surprisingly low key and I thought it was very funny in it's understated approach.

I watched I've loved you so long. It was really good.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    I saw Mike Judge's Extract. I really liked it. The scenarios were pretty wacky but the performances were surprisingly low key and I thought it was very funny in it's understated approach.
    We seem to like the same movies or have about the same opinions on them (haven't seen District 9 yet, tho'). I saw Extract yesterday. It was better for me to enjoy than Office Space, probably because I've never worked in a factory, so the humor or attempts at humor didn't make me uncomfortable or brought back evil flashbacks.

On a side note... Clifton Collins is fastly becoming one of my favorite actors - guess I'll have to go and see the new Boondock Saints movie when it comes out.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Watched 12 Rounds last night. It was OK. The storyline reminded me of the movie Shattered, starring Pierce Brosnan, that came out a couple years back, where the guy's spouse gets abducted, and then the abductor has him jumping through hoops to get her back.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

We watched Twelve Rounds a month or two ago. My 16 year old son liked it. I thought it was silly.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

My wife and I watched Play Misty For Me. A little dated, but still a suspenseful movie and not a bad directorial debut for Eastwood. I always chuckle though when I think of this movie. When my cousin was a DJ on Q102, my aunt would tell him, "if someone calls and says 'Play Misty for Me,' hang up!"
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Taking Woodstock

Kinda like That Thing You Do! it would probably be classified as a comedy but it really wasn't all that funny. There were some funny parts, but the best thing about the movie was its unpredictability and how it brought Woodstock to life. I loved the parts with Elliot's parents.

4/10

Saw Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais and Tea Leoni, really good, underrated movie. Had a classic feel to it. Good family / date movie.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Inglorious Basterds.

I loved it--if you liked Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, you will like it.
    Where we gonna go?

District 9.

9 out of 10. This was a brilliant movie about human nature. I'd put it on par with "The Dark Knight." It felt authentic to me. There were a few things I didn't like -- the over-the-top bad guys, and one particular plot contrivance -- but aside from that, it was one of the best sci-fi movies I have ever seen.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?