Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162

Thread: Losing Stewart really hurts...

Re: Losing Stewart really hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The original reason I posted the thread was this:

For those of you who run a business, think of those employees you have had whom you've groomed for a couple of years, watched their growth, invested your time and energy and money, then watched them do something stupid. You don't feel bad for your company, but you feel bad for them and their future. Your expectations and hopes for them and their family has changed, and there's nothing you can do about it. That's how I feel about the REDS and how the Rolen/Stewart/Roenicke trade made me feel. My expectations for the REDS' future became tremendously worse. I just have to lower my expectations about them to deal with it. You can be emotionally detached from your employees if you want, but it's kind of cold and inhuman, if you ask me. Oh, and it doesn't mean that you stop supporting them, either. I still support the REDS. I just have much smaller expectations for them now and for the next few years where I had Great Expectations for them.
    Sure I feel a little bit bad about loosing a long time employee but my main concern is for my business and its success.And not just so I can make a buck but because my own family depends on it along with my current employees that aren't doing something stupid.

What exactly does all of this have to do with the Rolen trade?Are you saying we should feel bad for the Reds because they got a 5x all star, 7x gold glove winning proven vet for a pile of garbage, a middle reliever and a guy that had never played in a single game at the big league level?
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 12-24-2009 at 02:29 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Losing Stewart really hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Are you saying we should feel bad for the Reds because they got a 5x all star, 7x gold glove winning proven vet for a pile of garbage, a middle reliever and a guy that had never played in a single game at the big league level?
    Yeah, right.

Turn Off Ads?