Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 9/6/09 - Reds vs. Braves

Re: 9/6/09 - Reds vs. Braves

If there were any Braves fans still clinging to playoff hopes, well, it sucks to be you!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Flat out cheese from Cordero.
    Got hosed on ball 2...then comes back to get his 3rd K. That was one of his best performances of the year....no chance for the Bravos.
    Was at the game. Kiddo couldn't hang after the bottom of the 11th, so we left our seats in the nosebleeds behind home and headed out.

Stopped on our way out to show her the visitor bullpen, and the Reds promptly manufactured the game-winning rally. After the 3rd out in the top of the 12th, Cordero made his way out from the bullpen. As he did, I yelled out that it was time to slam the door shut.

Cordero obliged.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Is Cordero at 200 innings yet?
    He's on pace for 67 innings this year, his second lowest total of his career.

Does he look tired out there?

Especially with the racist save tonight.

KKK

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

KKK
    "hyperbole"

He's pitched in a LOT of games in the last 4 series, but that's a good thing as he's ripped off 8 saves in the last 2 weeks.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

KKK
    What's a racist save?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I was at Riverfest downtown during the last parts of the game and while I'm happy that the Reds won (Wow, who saw a sweep of the Braves coming?! ), I'm happier that Micah is all right. That was dang scary and I was just watching the recap at reds.com. Poor guy. It sounds like he'll stay in Georgia for a few days and then rejoin the team later on in the road trip. No reports of any concussion so that's good but he had to get four stitches in his head. What a rough way to win a game!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    What's a racist save?
    Three strikeouts (K and K and K). Not sure why it's necessary to title it that way, since there was nothing bad about his effort today.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

What's a racist save?
    Three strikeouts (K and K and K). Not sure why it's necessary to title it that way, since there was nothing bad about his effort today.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I was curious since I just heard the tail end of it, was did Micah have to run(walk) to first before he could be taken out of the game? What if he couldn't make it? Would he have had to be called out?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

What's a racist save?
    I didn't get it at first either. The "KKK" was just out of viewing range when I started reading the post. :O) I'll take innings like that from Coco every time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I was curious since I just heard the tail end of it, was did Micah have to run(walk) to first before he could be taken out of the game? What if he couldn't make it? Would he have had to be called out?
    I'm not sure of the rule, but I certainly can't imagine there NOT being a rule to cover that sort of situation. I'm sure the pinch runner would be allowed to simply take first base. Baseball's not THAT heartless.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 09-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm not sure of the rule, but I certainly can't imagine there NOT being a rule to cover that sort of situation. I'm sure the pinch runner would be allowed to simply take first base. Baseball's not THAT heartless.
    There must be a rule, as Owings certainly did get to first.

Turn Off Ads?