Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/6/09 - Reds vs. Braves

Re: 9/6/09 - Reds vs. Braves

Power surge continues from Stubbs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Perhaps they can send him away from the big league club for awhile so he remembers how to pitch, ala Cueto and Homer?
    I'm sure he still has options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

McDonald K's and ruins the mood. 2-2 game.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

By the way, I'm not a big Burton fan, but he hasn't exactly been Majewski over the last month--in fact he's been really pretty good since the first of June except for a few occasions when he's gotten lit up. Still 3.18 over 10 or 11 appearances in Aug.

I'm glad Drew homered to tie it up, but I fear it's fools gold as far as his offense is concerned and I'm afraid the Reds will pencil him in as a starter next year and not make deals (same goes for SS and LF). The Reds need to deal.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'm glad Drew homered to tie it up, but I fear it's fools gold as far as his offense is concerned and I'm afraid the Reds will pencil him in as a starter next year and not make deals (same goes for SS and LF). The Reds need to deal.
    Not too many CF's out there to be had in trade. When teams get one they like to hold on to them.

Masset comes in to record the final out of the 8th. 2-2 after 8.

Votto, Phillips and Rolen due up in the 9th.

I'm glad he's performing. There is a lot to like about his game, and keep in mind that some opinions go clear back to folks not wanting to draft him in the first place and will be hard to please.

Stubbs will probably split the CF job next year. But I don't see the fool's gold point at all.

This guy is an excellent combo of speed and power. He has shown enough offensively to let him develop and grow into a solid centerfielder. A combo of Dickerson and Stubbs should be effective next year, and not necessarily a straight platoon.

I think the Reds have other needs beyond CF. Particularly with the money owed Taveras, I don't see them throwing more dough at CF.

I'm impressed with Stubbs, less with his results, more with his fine defense and his obvious power. The Cameron analogy seems reasonable.

Grass isn't always greener. And the trade market is very difficult to manipulate to your advantage. If you're waiting for deals to provide anything more than short-term solutions at middle-of-the-diamond spots like SS and CF, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Votto fans. His bat just seems slower to me these days.

Philips tries to bunt and is thrown out by Ross. Strange decision there. Now Rolen.

Braves closer just pouring in the fastball. Rolen behind in the count. Finally flies to shallow center.

Reds go down 1-2-3 in the 9th

Votto seems to get behind 0-2 a lot these days.

Whew, that was close...
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Whew, that was close...
    No kidding. I thought that was gone for sure.

Turn Off Ads?