Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/7/09 - Reds vs. Rockies

Re: 9/7/09 - Reds vs. Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    and you know his story.
    My favorite part of "you know his story" is that even though we supposedly know a story, George likes to tell it to us anyways
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I was thinking about a good comeback, but you supplied it. We went along with Hairston's fantastic numbers over a short period of time and we got exactly what we deserved. Not much. And starting people because they come from a certain area is stupid. They should be starting Balentien every day because he has potential. McDonald has not.
    It's stupid unless you have a lot of family members in town to watch you play (which I believe he does). In which case, I'm actually fine with it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

BTW, last night they celebrated 30 years of SportsCenter last night and guess who was the first guest? George Grande. They also showed old clips while he was on the network 30 years ago. You can't escape him.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Homer's pounding the zone with his best pitch. He's learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It's stupid unless you have a lot of family members in town to watch you play (which I believe he does). In which case, I'm actually fine with it.
    And that relates to winning a ball game how?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Bailey strikes out.

SEND HIM DOWN! :O)

Corky grounded out to short.
    Homer K'ed.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Stubbs walks(!) 1 on, two out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Nice AB there from Drew. 0-2 and works the walk.

Wonder why Janish was bunting?
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Stubbs caught stealing, but I'm not sure he didn't get in before the tag. 0-0 after 2 1/2.

Nailed trying to swipe second. Stubbs has impressed me overall, but he seems to get pretty poor jumps on his stolen base attempts.

His speed compensates quite a bit, but somebody should work on him with getting secondary leads and such. Eric Davis would be a good choice I'd think

And that relates to winning a ball game how?
    It doesn't. But you have a group of players that are supposedly good enough to play at this level. You've got to trust them to play once in a while. If they're not good enough, they shouldn't be there.

Even then, players (in theory) are not going to start every game anyhow. So I don't mind rewarding a guy in an isolated case with a start in his hometown.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Stubbs thrown out, but it is pretty hard to steal on a 98 MPH fastball and a perfect throw
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I was thinking about a good comeback, but you supplied it. We went along with Hairston's fantastic numbers over a short period of time and we got exactly what we deserved. Not much. And starting people because they come from a certain area is stupid. They should be starting Balentien every day because he has potential. McDonald has not.
    McDonald's numbers since the call up likewise warranted a start. Being from Denver is just icing on the cake. It's happened since time immemorable.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?