Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 9-9 rockies reds

Re: 9-9 rockies reds

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Yep, but Cordero has had a very good season, not going to call for his head just yet. % of saves to team wins has to be near the tops in the bigs.
    For as much as he's paid he shouldn't have everyone one edge all the time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    For as much as he's paid he shouldn't have everyone one edge all the time.
    Can't argue that. Dude is a drama queen.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Single past Phillips Rockies win 2 runs scored. BP knocked it down couldn't get back to it in time.
    Very exciting game. This about sums it up. One clubhouse is very unhappy and one clubhouse is thrilled based on a few inches of where that ball rolled off the bat. But instead the papers will say that CoCo choked and Seth Smith was "clutch."
    Stick to your guns.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Apparently I didn't go to bed early enough last night. Sorry guys!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I see no problem in leaving Cordero in there. He got the big K when he needed it, and Phillips usally makes that play.

He was 33/35 in saves before this game. Taking him out before he gave up a run would be something that no coach in major league baseball would have done.
    To me, his record is not a measure of his proficiency. He's been very very lucky to get the save on several occasions. And the defense has bailed him out on several others... last night, it didn't. His record is not because he's a great, lights out closer because he isn't... it's always an adventure and hopefully, a lot of luck.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I just realized now that we play the Rockies again today, I thought we were done after last night. Crap.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I just realized now that we play the Rockies again today, I thought we were done after last night. Crap.
    Oh, well.

We should lead the series 2-1 going into today, but some bad luck and jpoor performances by the bullpen has led us to 0-3. I fear we'll get swept and go into Chicago and do the same--for a 3-7 road trip, which would make the record 7-7 over the last 14 games! So much for that 7-win streak, huh?

Turn Off Ads?