Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/10/09 - Reds vs Rockies

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: 9/10/09 - Reds vs Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    The little surge of better baseball is, I fear, over.
    I think it is better this way, the hot streak distorted what was a complete train wreck of a team since late June.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just got in from work and saw where Rosales and Balantein have both struck out 3 times each. And the Reds are getting swept. Any team should win one of four. Of course most teams would score more than 8 runs in those 5 games, too.

Pitiful offense.

It is pitiful.....these guys are just hacking and not even thinking. Take strikes...swing at balls. I mean they are paying attention but in the wrong way as they keep duplicating their AB's and not adjusting to anything.

Now we get Belisle...who has pitched like Ben Hayes 1983...Tom Hume 1984...bad this year.... yet no problem. BP swung through 2 good fastablls...still got a hit when he threw another one. Gomes hit the 1st one hard but the 2nd baseman was positioned where i wish BP had been last night. Now Balentin looks terrible today and does not want to K for the 4th time ..so he badly swings at nothing to pop up.

Do i sound bitter?

Stubbs can play some CF. Nice. Just bat the kid 7th. Of course, you've only got 7-8-9 hitters on the roster (with a few exceptions), so that might be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It is pitiful.....these guys are just hacking and not even thinking. Take strikes...swing at balls. I mean they are paying attention but in the wrong way as they keep duplicating their AB's and not adjusting to anything.

Dusty said that this was his kind of team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Belisle or anyone looks like Cy Young against this horribly emasculated offensive team.

Say Goodnight, Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Dusty said that this was his kind of team.
    Then, Fire Dusty. This is the kind of team no one likes. They can't hit, the pitching is on and off and the management is insane. Nothing of redeeming value here.

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I did back in June.
    I beat you, I did at the end of Feb.

Turn Off Ads?