Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/13/09 Reds vs Cubs

9/13/09 Reds vs Cubs

Bailey (5-4, 5.60) vs Lilly (11-8, 3.17)

Lineups later

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/13/09 Reds vs Cubs

Stubbs CF
    Janish SS
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Rolen 3B
    Gomes LF
    McDonald RF
    Hanigan C
    Bailey P

Can't say I'll be watching this one much, what with the football and my Panthers playing and all.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 09-13-2009 at 01:35 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'll be checking in on the Reds but I'm watching the Bengals right now just to see how they look in their first game.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Is Balentien hurt?

Haunted by walks

The Cubs TV announcer just did a Domo Aragato reference to Joey Votto and a ZZ Top reference to Homer Bailey.

You won't see an inning like this one from Phillips very often.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I'll be checking in on the Reds but I'm watching the Bengals right now just to see how they look in their first game.
    Who will score more today-the Reds or the Bengals offense?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Rolen deserved to score in the 4th inning.....

It's going to be a joy watching him next season.

Bailey hurt badly by the ump's unwillingness to call Ramirez out looking on a perfect 2-2 curveball.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Bailey hurt badly by the ump's unwillingness to call Ramirez out looking on a perfect 2-2 curveball.
    Ya the curveball looked good but Bailey threw meatballs on 0-2 counts on both run scoring hits.
    Last edited by jojo; 09-13-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Who will score more today-the Reds or the Bengals offense?
    RFS62

Is watching the Bengals a sign of mental illness? I want to believe things can get better with every fiber in my body. I have never felt more gullible than this very second (Stockley just went 87 yards with 11 seconds left).

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Is watching the Bengals a sign of mental illness? I want to believe things can get better with every fiber in my body. I have never felt more gullible than this very second (Stockley just went 87 yards with 11 seconds left).
    Yes.

Haven't been watching today. I see a ho hum performance from Bailey. 9 Hits in 5.333 IP. Was he hit hard or was it a bunch of bleeders, bunts and seeing eye hits?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Haven't been watching today. I see a ho hum performance from Bailey. 9 Hits in 5.333 IP. Was he hit hard or was it a bunch of bleeders, bunts and seeing eye hits?
    I haven't been watching, but I did see he let him go 115 pitches to do. Homer's a big boy, so I won't get too worked up about it, but here are his pitch counts since Aug 23:

8/23: 114
    8/28: 115
    9/2: 116
    9/7: 117
    9/13: 115

Really Dusty? In a lost season you need to push him 115 pitches every single time he takes the mound? It was one thing to do this to Mark Prior and Kerry Wood when you were chasing a pennant, but this team is not in the race...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?