Janish SS
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Rolen 3B
    Gomes RF
    McDonald LF
    Hanigan C
    Arroyo P
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Reds vs Astros - 9/14/09

Astros get a called strike 3-throw-em' out DP on a ball that was very low. Votto follows with a single, the Reds should have had a big inning.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That called third strike seemed low to me. I'm glad to see Joey get a hit in his first at bat and hope that he can keep that up so his average gets back over .300 again.

Bronson had a great first inning and I hope he can keep that up tonight.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Astros get a called strike 3-throw-em' out DP on a ball that was very low. Votto follows with a single, the Reds should have had a big inning.
    Let's hope the ump gives that pitch to Arroyo all night long. it will be a very fast game
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

That pitch did NOT hit Blum.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Bill (not Tim) Welke's having another bad night behind the plate.

Great job by Bronson to get out of that rather odd inning. I'm still scratching my head over several things that happened there.

Stubbs takes another fastball right down central when he is ahead of the count. No way he starts in the majors if he doesn't learn to hit that. That's baseball 101.

Gotta get this run in from third....and they don't in the end. Joey gets left on deck too.

gotta love that 1-2 combo

Big mistake there by Lee and I'm glad Bronson caught him.

Anyone with little leaguers watching, Rolen executed the run down perfectly. He ran Lee back to the previous base, faked him, froze him then tagged him. Exactly how it should be down, with no throws.

Joey gave that one a ride but darn Bourn had to catch it. He is swinging the bat pretty well again even if he doesn't have all the hits and RBIs to show for it.

Pitching duals are kind of boring although I'm happy to see Bronson pitching so well. I think I need to go find something a little more interesting for a while. I'll be back later though.

Juan Francisco makes his ML debut! Let's see how he does....

Turn Off Ads?