Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Marlins - 9/17/09

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Marlins - 9/17/09

It seems like Maloney is allowing a few baserunners every inning, but he keeps on battling. A couple of guys have taken him deep into the count and once he throws ball three he keeps pounding the strike zone making them put it in play or sit down. He's changing speeds effectively, going anywhere from 66 to 86 and keeping most of the hitters off balance. Unfortunately he's at 60 pitches after 3 innings...at that rate he'll be lucky to get out of the 5th inning.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    It seems like Maloney is allowing a few baserunners every inning, but he keeps on battling. A couple of guys have taken him deep into the count and once he throws ball three he keeps pounding the strike zone making them put it in play or sit down. He's changing speeds effectively, going anywhere from 66 to 86 and keeping most of the hitters off balance. Unfortunately he's at 60 pitches after 3 innings...at that rate he'll be lucky to get out of the 5th inning.
    A very Bobby Livingston-esque start.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Sanchez was at 55 pitches at the end of the last inning so he won't last long either. This will probably be a bullpen game like last night. Hopefully the end result is the same too (i.e. a Reds win).

Edited to Add: Sanchez is at 75 pitches through three innings. With him recovering from shoulder issues, he will more than likely be gone in another inning or two.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

High five!

Are these innings or months?

These dudes work sllloooooowwww!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Are these innings or months?

These dudes work sllloooooowwww!
    They've combined for 135 pitches in 3 innings!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

I can't believe Angels in the Outfield isn't George Grande's favorite movie.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

This is the same thing that happened last night too. The first four and a half innings took like TWO HOURS to get through but the last few innings went by much faster. I'm glad I'm watching this one from the comfort of my home instead of freezing in my seat because I forgot my jacket (which I did last night, LOL).
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Aaron Harang is such a nice guy. I've enjoyed his booth visit but I think this is the most I've ever heard him talk, LOL

another 19 pitch inning for Maloney...he's at 79 now.

After 3 and a half innings still Reds 3 - Fish 0

This umpire apparently isn't happy with the pace of the game and is making his calls to make it go faster, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    This umpire apparently isn't happy with the pace of the game and is making his calls to make it go faster, LOL
    Reds are up 3-0. That works in their favor I'd think. Keep it up ump.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Reds are up 3-0. That works in their favor I'd think. Keep it up ump.
    3-1 now but I'm right there with you.

And we've now let Sanchez get confident and we'll probably lose this game unless we can make one run stand up again for four more innings.

Good grief...how did that guy catch that ball in right field?!

Ramon Ramirez pitching now for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?