Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Marlins - 9/19/09

Re: Reds vs. Marlins - 9/19/09

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    *sigh* And now Bruce K's again (2nd of the night). 10th strikeout for Nolasco. That's completely unacceptable. Still under 90 pitches too.
    Fwiw, Nolasco is already on the way to 200 k's and the Reds lineup is just the type to help him get there. But Nolasco can have all the k's he wants if Arroyo can get the win.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I had Nolasco on a Yahoo fantasy baseball team a couple years ago and I remember him getting a lot of K's when he's going good. I'm not horribly surprised by tonight.

HR Hanigan!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Janish with a shallow pop out to Right to end the inning. But they got the job done. 2-1 Reds heading to the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Fwiw, Nolasco is already on the way to 200 k's and the Reds lineup is just the type to help him get there. But Nolasco can have all the k's he wants if Arroyo can get the win.
    I wasn't trying to say that Ricky isn't a strikeout pitcher. Just that he's got way too many, way too early in the game, on way too few pitches. Somebody needs to stand up in the dug out and tell the hitters to be more patient at the plate.

Paulino with a leadoff double. And he's quickly pinch-run for....can't tell who it is. (Bonifacio)
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 09-19-2009 at 09:15 PM.

So...Stubbs still hurting people's feelings with his homeruns? Stupid Stubbs.

Cameron Maybin tries bunting. Looks like his first time trying it. :O) Strikesout on the foul bunt.

Crud. 2 run dinger from PH'er Gload. 3-2 Fish

I was just going to say that I don't like what I see in the bullpen when the lead evaporated. Herrera warming up. He's not a good pitcher to come in after the soft-tossing Arroyo. Just a bad mix IMO.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Rats. That's on Bronson tonight if he takes a loss though.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Coghlan grounds out to third for the 2nd out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Rats. That's on Bronson tonight if he takes a loss though.
    True, but a little bit of offense would've helped. There's nothing wrong with allowing 3 runs in 8 innings. Most pitchers win that game.

Johnson flies out to short to end the inning. 3-2 Marlins heading to the bottom of the 8th.

Arroyo, Stubbs, Nix due up. Who's your pinch hitter here? I'm guessing Hernandez.

Sutton pinchhitting. Nearly a double...but a nice play by Coghlan. 1 down.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    True, but a little bit of offense would've helped. There's nothing wrong with allowing 3 runs in 8 innings. Most pitchers win that game.
    Amen.

No staff has an ERA below three, so you must score at least three to tie. In most cases you give up four, so you must score five. Unfortunately, this team is not capable of consistently scoring more than 3 runs. Pitching and defense is great unless your offense is so horrible that you can't score runs--i.e. the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?