Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/20/09 - Reds vs. Marlins

Re: 9/20/09 - Reds vs. Marlins

Stubbs (kinda) beats out an infield hit, then the Marlins imitate the Reds of a few years ago as Janish bunts, and is safe when no one covers first.

first and second, no one out for Votto.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Maybe Doc Rogers was right. Bruce has been scarce since his return. Maybe dusty won't play him if he continues to struggle. I thought Rogers was full of stuff, but maybe he does have some inside information.
    Blind squirrel - nut. It was pretty clear that when he wasn't put in the lineup his first day back, combined with Dusty saying that he was still rusty, that the plan was never to play Bruce everyday down the stretch. Doc is just basing his stuff on these observations.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Votto K's
    pitching change
    Phillips singles in Stubbs with Janish to 3B.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Votto K's
    pitching change
    Phillips singles in Stubbs with Janish to 3B.
    Janish out at 3B sorry.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Rolen singles, Gomes FO.

5-0 Reds end of 5.

Kip Wells:

6 IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 0K, 0HR. I'm sure BABIP will get all the credit, but he's forcing the Reds to protect him on the 40 man. ERA down to 4.78.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Wells gets Carroll to GO to 3rd, and pinch hitter Sanchez lines out to Phillips at 2nd. After a Coghlan double, Nick Johnson lines out to center field. Fish still not on the scoreboard after their half of the 6th.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Kip Wells:

6 IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 0K, 0HR. I'm sure BABIP will get all the credit, but he's forcing the Reds to protect him on the 40 man. ERA down to 4.78.
    ...and he's batting in the 6th. Only 74 pitches, so he may go a few more.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Wells Ks Hanley. 1 Out in the 7th,

Cantu with a FO. 2 Outs.

Uggla Ks. 7 strong for wells with Ks of 2 All Stars in the 7th.

Uggla Ks. 7 strong for wells with Ks of 2 All Stars in the 7th.
    He struck out Ramirez on 3 pitches and Uggla on 4...he's only at 83 pitches after 7. He could... go... all...

Janish with another double. Its scary that the Reds three biggest needs all have hot players (Stubbs, Janish, and Wells), I hope they aren't too content.

Votto 2 run HR.

Phillips Triples. Looking like a CG for Wells IMO.

Turn Off Ads?