Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Buccos - 9-23-2009

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Buccos - 9-23-2009

Gameday's got Homer's velocity around 92-93...is that what the TV is showing?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't think Balbengal has the same ring to it though. :O)
    Um, no. Membengal I shall remain.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I moved from Memphis to Baltimore on August 1. Hidden good thing in that move? Memphis was considered "reds country" and I was blacked out unless it was on FSN Ohio. Now, in Baltimore, I am good to go regardless of the feed.

Much better this way.

Much.
    Indeed. I moved from New Jersey to North Carolina last year where I figured I would get nothing but Braves games, and yet I get feed from FSN Tennessee which gives me every Reds game broadcast on FSN Ohio.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Have you gotten a look at the Orioles since you moved there? They have some good young players coming up right now and it wouldn't surprise me to see them make some noise in the AL East next year.
    I went down to Camden for one game.

Milledge grounds out.

4-0 Reds after three.

Heather, I do like the direction of the Orioles, at least, I love the potential in a lot of their young arms. Matusz and Tillman especially. But the O's are on their 12th straight losing season, and it is clear from the locals that they are out of patience with Angelos and the whole deal. Sad to see such a proud franchise at this level.

Frankly, they remind me of Reds fans. It's like looking in a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Gameday's got Homer's velocity around 92-93...is that what the TV is showing?
    I'm following tonight on CBS' gamecast and that's what they've got him running his fastball at.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I went down to Camden for one game.
    That's cool even though the O's probably lost...they've had a rough year this year, LOL

Glad Homer got out of the inning.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Have you gotten a look at the Orioles since you moved there? They have some good young players coming up right now and it wouldn't surprise me to see them make some noise in the AL East next year.
    It would surprise the heck out of me. Until they get some quality starters...I don't see them going anyplace. Position players though...I really like where they're headed.

Jay Bruce up.

Snapshot:

Homer's ERA 4.99
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Homer's velocity per the Pittsburgh telecast has been sitting around 92 tonite. He hasn't really dialed it up yet. His curve has been down around 73.

Bruce singles politely back up the middle.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Heather, I do like the direction of the Orioles, at least, I love the potential in a lot of their young arms. Matusz and Tillman especially. But the O's are on their 12th straight losing season, and it is clear from the locals that they are out of patience with Angelos and the whole deal. Sad to see such a proud franchise at this level.

Frankly, they remind me of Reds fans. It's like looking in a mirror.
    Oh goodness, I totally agree. That's probably why my heart follows the Orioles so much now. I can see in their fans a lot of the same things we're going through with the Reds. They do have a good core building which is good (their minor leagues were even more bare than ours were a couple of years ago) and hopefully they can turn things around soon. Camden Yards is a GORGEOUS park and the fans are so great there.

Nice to see Jay get a hit tonight!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Nix flies out to LF. One down, Bruce still at first.

He's been doing that quite a bit lately. Starting off moderate in terms of speed and slowly building it up throughout the game. 92 seemed a little low though.

Nice to see Jay with a hit.

Corky Miller is up.

Wild pitch moves Bruce to 2b.

Turn Off Ads?