Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "FlashForward" TV Series thread

Re: "FlashForward" TV Series thread

Isn't the show where every on Earth blacked out at the same exact time?

Sounds like a heck of a party! Woot woot! LOL

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I noticed over at imdb that WOY's buddy, Brannon Braga is one of the creators of this show.

I'm officially hooked.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I have the first two episodes on the DVR and finally got around to watching the first one last night. I'll watch the second episode this afternoon when I get back home from doing errands. It seems interesting so far.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Watched the second episode last night. Much better than the first.

I don't like the wife's story arch. It is at best, a supporting strand in the whole story, and at worst another "Kate" story from "Lost". When I say that, I mean, that Kate's back story really only helps Kate's character and does little to advance the overall plot.

Starting to like Demetri a little more. What do you do when you know the day of your death?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I thought the second episode was pretty bad. I don't know why ABC thinks all of it's viewers have the attention span of a gnat, but it gets tedious sitting through a dozen quick flashbacks to what happened a week ago. I'll give it some more time, but I personally thought the fall off from week one to week two was pretty big.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I thought the second episode was pretty bad. I don't know why ABC thinks all of it's viewers have the attention span of a gnat, but it gets tedious sitting through a dozen quick flashbacks to what happened a week ago. I'll give it some more time, but I personally thought the fall off from week one to week two was pretty big.
    Have to agree. I found my attention wandering as the episode progressed due to the lack of progression. The dialogue and characters continue to walk the cheesy-Jericho line IMO. Glad the Homeland Security lady pointed out that it was goofy for a branch office of the FBI to take over a world disaster investigation, but they passed over that in a hurry.

I'll give the next episode a try, but I need to see some improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    Have to agree. I found my attention wandering as the episode progressed due to the lack of progression. The dialogue and characters continue to walk the cheesy-Jericho line IMO. Glad the Homeland Security lady pointed out that it was goofy for a branch office of the FBI to take over a world disaster investigation, but they passed over that in a hurry.

I'll give the next episode a try, but I need to see some improvement.
    I also thought her dismissal of viewing the video cameras and seeing one guy up and walking around as a "conspiracy theory" and baloney. If that isn't significant, then what is?

I'm liking the show thus far, but I understand where folks are coming from about the possibility of things wearing thin.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I've seen some criticism on another forum of it appearing that the kids will be made to handle too much key information in the plot. The last line delivered by the daughter in Episode 2 could be an example of that.

Someone at the other place likened it to the Walt story arc on "Lost." (I don't watch "Lost," but other posters there seemed to agree with that analogy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I've seen some criticism on another forum of it appearing that the kids will be made to handle too much key information in the plot. The last line delivered by the daughter in Episode 2 could be an example of that.

Someone at the other place likened it to the Walt story arc on "Lost." (I don't watch "Lost," but other posters there seemed to agree with that analogy.)

I know she is just a kid, but the daughter is an awful actor. They either need to give her a smaller role or the directors need to work harder to make her acting somewhat believable.

Finally got around to watching the second episode. I liked it a lot, other than the fact that it appeared as though they took a 700 mile helicopter ride, they must have borrowed that helicopter from 24.

After the first episode I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep watching, but that second episode was certainly good enough to hook me.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just watched the last episode. The last 15 seconds were interesting. The rest stunk. I give up. I will not waste any more time on this.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I also gave up, not going to wait around forever and hope it improves. Unfortunate, it's a good concept and I had high hopes. Might check out the book its supposed to be based on.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I also gave up, not going to wait around forever and hope it improves. Unfortunate, it's a good concept and I had high hopes. Might check out the book its supposed to be based on.
    Agree, what book is that?

Might check out the book its supposed to be based on.
    I borrowed the book from the library over the summer and never had time to read it. My son read it and he keeps me informed on how the book varies from the show as we watch.

Ratings are good enough that ABC just picked up the full season of this show, so we won't have to worry about it disappearing over the winter.

Turn Off Ads?